Forum Rules: These are common courtesy, as well as rules that we want to uphold on the forums.
- No cussing, including light swears.
There is no official list of words that are not allowed, but it is not allowed in another language, to replace letters, or straight-up swear. If you’re unsure about a word, do not use it. This includes any discriminatory terms.
- No inappropriate behaviour of any kind.
This includes innuendos, any comments about sensitive topics, and any form of trolling.
- Remain respectful to everyone at all times.
This includes both students and Staff. Disrespect is not tolerated.
- Keep religious beliefs and political comments out of chat.
This is to avoid conflict with other people and to avoid arguments that could easily spark between different beliefs or opinions. This also ties in with no discrimination or inappropriate comments being allowed.
- Don’t spam.
This includes spamming a thread through comments, or spamming creating threads.
- Don’t troll.
Sarcasm is fine, but purposefully trolling is not allowed. Do not mislead others, or purposefully attempt to cause issues.
- Don’t start or continue drama.
Any issues should be kept away from the public to reduce involvement and issues. Try to resolve them like an adult.
- Don’t advertise.
This includes other Minecraft servers, Discord servers, any social media handles, and YouTube channels. You can link streams or videos that you’re doing/done about Potterworld, but you can't plug anything that may benefit from it. We’re not a platform for you to advertise on.
- Don’t make pointless posts.
Fun & games are allowed of course but don’t make a thread with a load of keyboard spamming in it.
- Attempt to title threads relevantly.
This will help players to find a certain thread or information they’re looking for, and will also mean you cannot mislead someone.
- Constructive criticism is welcomed but remain respectful.
There’s a line between giving genuine feedback so we can improve as we’re in Beta and being rude. Criticism is welcomed as long as it’s constructive!
- Keep conversations about bans on ban appeals.
Ban appeals are where only talk about bans belong. You can message a staff member about any questions or concerns about a ban on Discord, but aside from that, use the ban appeal form.
- Keep reports within the private section of the forums.
There’s limited access with who can see these threads to limit issues. Any personal affair or report should be kept here away from the public. Alternatively, you can message a Head Staff on Discord.
- We’re a family-friendly server, and our rules reflect this and the desire to make sure that anyone and everyone can have a good time while on Potterworld.
- You’re expected to follow rules at all times. These can be added, changed or removed at any time as the server changes. Announcements will be made for any changes in the rules, but you will be responsible for keeping up-to-date with them from when you first join the server. Saying you didn't know about a rule is not a valid excuse for failure to comply with this.
- Examples & clarification given under the rules are not the full extent to what that rule could include. There may be something that is not included specifically described or named, but it will still count as being a part of that rule from the generic overview. If you’re unsure about something, don’t do/say it and ask a staff member.
- Your accounts are your responsibility. Any activity that takes place on there will be your issue, and you will not be dismissed from a rule if someone else manages to log into your account. Ensure that they’re secure, and enable 2FA if necessary.
- Head Staff will do what they deem necessary to protect the security, safety, and organisation of the server, the staff team, and the player-base. Their word is final and should be respected.