The following list is a collection of all the rules that we have on PotterworldMC. It’s a player's responsibility to know and follow the rules at all times, and we do not take responsibility if a player is unaware of the rules at the time of playing. Examples and further clarification of rules are not what it’s limited to.
Any questions or concerns in regards to the rules can be directed in a support ticket, or to a Head Staff member on Discord.
Chat Rules: Following these rules is a crucial element to keeping our server family-friendly and fun for everyone, regardless of age. These are punishable through mutes, kicks & bans if broken.
- No cussing, including light swears.
There is no official list of words that are not allowed, but it is not allowed in another language, to replace letters with the intention to bypass the filter or straight-up swear. If you’re unsure about a word, do not use it. This includes any discriminatory terms.
- No inappropriate behaviour of any kind.
This includes innuendos, any comments about alcohol, drugs, sensitive topics, any form of trolling, and gambling.
- Please only speak English in public chats.
Other languages are permitted to be used in PM and party chats. It helps us to be able to moderate efficiently, as there may not be someone who understands what is being said and therefore makes our job harder.
- Remain respectful to everyone at all times.
This includes both students and staff. Disrespect is not tolerated.
- Do not harass other players.
If you are asked to leave someone alone, do so. Harassment is not tolerated - this includes sexually harassing someone.
- Keep religious beliefs and political comments out of chat.
This is to avoid conflict with other people and to avoid arguments that could easily spark between different beliefs or opinions. This also ties in with no discrimination or inappropriate comments being allowed.
- Don’t spam.
This includes spamming in chat through messages you either send yourself or send through doing something, e.g. leaving and entering a housing over and over. This also includes emotes.
- Don’t troll.
Sarcasm is fine, but purposefully trolling is not allowed. Do not mislead others, or purposefully attempt to cause issues. Use the correct chats for certain topics, e.g. trade chat for anything about trading. You can do /ch to see all chats.
- Don’t start or continue drama.
Any issues should be kept away from the public to reduce involvement and issues. Try to resolve them like an adult.
- Don’t advertise.
This includes other Minecraft servers, Discord servers, any social media handles, and YouTube channels that aren't associated with our server. You can only advertise streams or videos that you’re doing/done if they are associated with Potterworld.
- Don’t ask for classes.
Professors will teach when they have the time to do so. Classes take time to prepare, and all of our Staff also have lives outside of Potterworld, so they may not be able to do so at a particular time.
Try to remain positive. For many, Potterworld is a way to escape IRL issues and a place to relax, so we want to keep it that way. Be kind and make a difference to someone’s day. Try to keep bans out of chats, as well as any issues you’ve had related to the server or anyone on it that could spark an issue.
General Rules: Following these rules is a crucial element to keeping our server family-friendly and fun for everyone, regardless of age. These are punishable through mutes, kicks & bans if broken.
- No inappropriate IGNs.
This includes any reference to drugs, alcohol, swears, inappropriate language, or any topic that could be sensitive to others, e.g. suicide. This also includes any kind of discrimination.
- No inappropriate skins.
This includes anything inappropriate - this generally is any inappropriate outfit, or lack of - as well as anything discriminatory, or any references to drugs, alcohol, or anything political/religious.
- No inappropriate books.
Inappropriate books are not permitted at all, inside or outside of class. Topics to avoid include drugs, alcohol, sensitive topics, anything political or religious, anything discriminatory, and any swears.
- Don’t impersonate Staff members.
Impersonating staff members either through skin or IGN or through a message in chat is not allowed.
- Don’t ask Staff for privileges.
Asking staff for items, currencies, store items, spells, a higher level, or anything similar is not allowed. This also includes asking for help with writing your applications. Asking general questions is fine, but it cannot go further than that.
- Don’t abuse any glitches.
Glitch abuse is a very serious offense. If you find a glitch, please report it immediately to Staff through a support ticket in-game. Do not share glitches with other people, and do not use them to your advantage.
- Don’t cast on others without permission to do so.
The only areas you can openly cast on others without permission to do so are in the Dueling Halls, Room of Training, or RP Base PvP Zones.
- Constructive criticism is welcomed, but remain respectful.
There’s a line between giving genuine feedback so we can improve as we’re in Beta and being rude. Criticism is welcomed as long as it’s constructive!
- Don’t scam players.
This is a serious offense. Make sure that you put precautions in place to make sure that you have evidence of all parts of a trade in case a player is scamming you. Please also note that you trade with players at your own risk - we do not take the liability for it, and are not responsible for returning anything lost.
- Don’t create, or be a part of, drop parties.
These can cause some serious lag and can also make it hard to moderate.
- Respect decisions made by Staff.
If you have any concerns, go immediately to a Head Staff member through a website support ticket or Discord. Arguing is not allowed, and will only end you up in more trouble.
- Ban evading is not allowed.
Joining the server on another account with the intention of playing to bypass another ban is not allowed. If you’d like to appeal a ban, you can do so on the website.
- Gambling is not allowed.
Under no circumstances is gambling allowed anywhere on the server. If you have any concerns about players gambling, go immediately to a Staff member who can handle this accordingly.
Severe Rules: Breaking these will result in an instant permanent ban.
- Don’t attempt to download our map.
You’re held responsible for knowing what mods you have on your client at the time of joining the server. Accidentally or purposefully joining the server with a mod like this will land in an immediate ban from Watchdog. Downloading and/or distributing the map is not allowed.
- Don’t use any unapproved mods on the server.
Any mods that are not listed as “approved” cannot be used on the server. Any not listed under blacklisted are also not allowed, but any questions about adding something to “approved” can be sent to a Head Staff on Discord.
- Don’t chargeback on store purchases.
Chargebacks are not allowed, and will result in an immediate ban from the server should this happen.
- Discrimination is not allowed under any circumstance.
This includes racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, nationalism, bigotry, or religiophobia.
Modified Clients: Only approved mods are allowed on our server. Any not listed should be presumed to be not allowed, and should not be used. Blacklisted mods provide advantages over other students, and are not permitted.
- FPS Enhancers.
- HUD Enhancement.
- Music Mods.
- Translation Mod.
- Dynamic Sounds.
- Dynamic Surroundings.
- Phosphor Mod.
- Keystroke Mods.
- Mo' Bends.
- Mods that add Virtual Reality (VR) capability, such as Vivecraft.
- Camera Mods.
- World Downloader.
- Keybinding Mods.
- Damage Indicators.
- Damage Mods.
- X-Ray Mods.
- LabyMod Voice Chat.
- Badlion Client.
- Lunar Client.
- Auto Clickers.
Minigame Rules: These are to be followed at all times in the Minigames in addition to the other rules listed. These are punishable through mutes, kicks & bans if broken.
- Don’t accuse others of hacking.
Be respectful, and don’t act childish. Any serious concerns about hacking can be submitted in a support ticket in-game to go through to any online Staff.
- Don’t throw the game.
This will be considered as trolling and dealt with accordingly. Gamethrowing includes teaming, revealing information to alive players, refusing to play the game, asking or encouraging others to gamethrow or cheat. If you’re asked by a Staff member to not do something because it throws the game, respect their word.
- Avoid going AFK.
Going AFK is a major part in gamethrowing, as well as being unfair to others that actually play, especially if trying to earn an achievement through not doing anything. If you join a game, play it.
- We’re a family-friendly server, and our rules reflect this and the desire to make sure that anyone and everyone can have a good time while on Potterworld.
- You’re expected to follow rules at all times. These can be added, changed or removed at any time as the server changes. Announcements will be made for any changes in the rules, but you will be responsible for keeping up-to-date with them from when you first join the server. Saying you didn't know about a rule is not a valid excuse for failure to comply with this.
- Examples & clarification given under the rules are not the full extent to what that rule could include. There may be something that is not included specifically described or named, but it will still count as being a part of that rule from the generic overview. If you’re unsure about something, don’t do/say it and ask a staff member.
- Your accounts are your responsibility. Any activity that takes place on there will be your issue, and you will not be dismissed from a rule if someone else manages to log into your account. Ensure that they’re kept secure.
- Head Staff will do what they deem necessary to protect the security, safety, and organisation of the server, the Staff team, and the player-base. Their word is final and should be respected.
Thank you for reading the rules! Enjoy your time on Potterworld!
Last edited by a moderator: