DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

A Clock in the Great Hall

Athena (Dismana)

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Dismana
Auralock Phoenix Raven Linked
An unsong hero which also sparked the idea for this thread is the clock in the Anniversary Event Hub, showing the time in a 24h format in the PST timezone.
1719097394129.png

This idea is simple, allowing the player to interact with a clock in the Great Hall, and change the clock to a format they'd like. This makes it easier for someone to convert between timezones such as "What is the time in PST right now? Do I still have time to join in on the giveaway that ends at 11:59 pm PST?" or "Can I expect this person to be online anytime soon? Is it the middle of the night in ACST timezone?"

When you hit the clock or interact with it you have a few options:
1719097544292.png

Picking the Timezone using the centered options (This closes the interface and updates the floating text and time to the correct timezone)
Picking the clock type either 12h clock or 24h clock (This reopens the interface and updates the clock type)
Picking the date format (This reopens the interface and updates the date format shown below)
There could be a default button that sets the clock to the timezone, clock type and date format to be what the server is based on.

Thanks for reading through the suggestion,
Stay curious and have a magical day!
- Athena Moonwish

suzie

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Prefect Class Helper SPEW Sr. Poltergeist Linked
Hello there @Athena (Dismana) !

This suggestion has been accepted and also completed. While we have not implemented this 1:1, we have added a time and a date in /me! Player are able to see it, after hovering over their head.

Thank you so much for creating this suggestion and we hope you have a magical day!