DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

A More Straightforward Library Path

Sinelius

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sinelius
Honeybadger
Heyo,
I'd like to quickly suggest that one more sign pointing towards the library be put in a certain part of the castle which I will describe now as best as I can.
When you go to the bottom of the Grand Staircase you go through a doorway and you have two options: The Quad and the Dungeons.
You would go down into the Dungeons and as soon as you walk the first steps down there is a hallway on the right immediately.
That path leads very straightforwardly to the Library and I think that a sign should be placed just inside that mini tunnel entrance. Also, a sign at the wooden bridge entrance area (where the help npc is) should be placed just before going into the same tunnel/pathway (the wooden door) that points at the Grand Staircase/Dungeons.
I hope I explained it well and that you like the idea as I think that very path might be the most straightforward to the Library.
Cheers 😊

Last edited:

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Heya,

I saw this topic and thought visuals might help :)

1612186091521.png
1612185987647.png

I hope those provide a bit more clarity. Can you confirm you meant those spots, Sinelius?

Personally, I think the Grand Staircase sign would be well positioned. I have my doubts about the mini tunnel one, because there are other passages for the players to the Library, but opinions may vary on the quality of said directions of travel.

Anyhow, have an awesome day :heart:

Kind regards,
Kip.

Sinelius

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sinelius
Honeybadger
Heya,

I saw this topic and thought visuals might help :)

I hope those provide a bit more clarity. Can you confirm you meant those spots, Sinelius?

Personally, I think the Grand Staircase sign would be well positioned. I have my doubts about the mini tunnel one, because there are other passages for the players to the Library, but opinions may vary on the quality of said directions of travel.

Anyhow, have an awesome day :heart:

Kind regards,
Kip.
Oooh, thank you so much for taking the time to provide screenshots, this was a pleasant surprise. And also for the feedback on my idea.
Have a nice day yourself! 😊

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I like taking this pathway from the great hall to the library whenever I lead someone to the library.
It's a quick shortcut and not as confusing as the long path through the 2nd floor.

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Greetings @Sinelius!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to Potterworld! We are always on the lookout for new ways to make our server a better place so your input is very appreciated!

At this time, I am happy to say your suggestion has been accepted! We liked the idea of showing players more ways to get to the library especially as the route can get confusing from time to time depending on where you are in the castle. Signs will be added to their respected places and while we don't have an ETA for when they're coming, keep an eye out for new signs!

Again thank you for bringing your suggestion, take care and I hope you have a wonderful day! <3

Kind wishes,
Cate

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya again,

This has been completed and will be live soon. We hope you enjoy <3
If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please feel free to reach out!