DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

A new role for those who love RP and those who love the server!

would you like a role like this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
EXTREME IMPORTANT THIS IS NOT A STAFF ROLE

roleplay is an extremely interesting part of potterworld despite the fact that it is not accessible to all only the seers can participate in videos or even be part of special events.
My idea was to add a new role called RP player (not a prefix) to do it you will need to make an application and have the following requirements:

• You must be at least 12/13 years old.
  • Being able to use Discord with a microphone and being comfortable speaking to others is recommended.
  • You must be a level 60 or above on the server.
  • A clean record on Potterworld is recommended.
but let's better explain what this role is:
the rp player will be able to participate in the rp as a secondary character and will not be able to play an important role but will be able to make second elements as if we have to impersonate an army of dark followers the rp players will be called.
this role in my opinion would be a turning point for the server because it does not detract from the figure of the seer which remains increasingly important but allows all loyal potterworld players to start participating in the RP.

p.s = maybe if you want to play there could be a prefix like that of the professions but instead of the various symbols you will put the writing RP

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hey, thank you for your suggestion. In the past, we in fact had a non seer participate in official roleplay as an official character. In the roleplay team we constantly discuss the possibility of including non staff and non seers into the roleplay, although it is quite a difficult topic.

The reason why for some of the past events we had staff act as characters is because they are already trusted members and we can easily contact them on short notice. When it comes to players, it becomes more challenging as there are a number of factors we have to keep in mind such as:
Can we trust this player?
How will we work together and cooperate?

In the roleplay team, we also strive for each member to at least be an important character in the Storyline if they wish. Though as seers we do not only act as these characters and call it a day, we work on new story, scripts for live events and videos, builds and gameplay. Giving the option for people to apply for only the acting part may hurt the seer team in general as I believe that may be more popular than the original team. We are constantly looking for new members who can help us with all the work we do as we are quite a small team.

Not shutting this idea down completely im just pointing out some factors which may prove problematic, most importantly if this role were to become more popular than the original seer role, it may hurt the team with another thing we'd have to work on and maintain.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
Hi joel as I have already said this idea is a non-staff role but IT IS NOT ABSOLUTELY GIVEN TO EVERYONE like the jr-builder or other roles that are considered non-staff are however mini roles you will still have to make an application and the staff will still have to do decide the best thing to do (whether or not to take that person as rp play) despite the fact that unlike the seers the RP play will not write the roleplay and will not be able to play roles as important as the seers who are official staff members.

p.s=another important thing that I wrote in the topic is the need to have a discord and a microphone to be able to talk better whit other staff

p.s.s=sincerely for some it concerns the fact of hurting the seer team as extras I don't think it hurts .... an example? a long time ago on the potterworld youtube a video was published in which the old dark mister said that nobody could beat his weapon and despite this there was only him and his inner circle the rp player would be very useful in these situations same scene but with many dark followers behind them (which obviously don't go around at random) it would be much better to see and very nice for the rp.
a more recent example is the fight against shakites in which the auror who protected were prefects and staff members who have nothing to do with roleplay.
(wouldn't it be better to have extras dealing with this?)

Last edited:

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf WizNetworker
Greetings Nicolas,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bring it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread!

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf WizNetworker
Greetings @Nicolas.D,

Thank you for bringing your idea forward! We're always looking for ideas that might help improve the server, and we hope that you continue to submit more ideas in the future!

I brought your idea up to the team, and we will be declining this suggestion at this time. This would be incredibly difficult for various reasons - players who received this role would need to be trusted and reliable, this would add a lot of pressure on the Seer team to make sure that this team is properly organized and in the loop, and there are non-staff members who have participated in prior roleplay events without a role like this. Right now, the Seer team is a small-scaled team who is in charge of making sure that all of these events are hosted and organized, along with making sure that the community is made aware of any changes behind the scenes. We feel that adding a new role would cause a lot of unnecessary strain on those members and would cause confusion among the players. We encourage all of our community members to get involved in any way possible, and we think that players are able to get involved within having an entire role dedicated to them. If you have any questions and/or concerns, feel free to contact the Head of Game Design (Flip) or the Lead Seer (Joel) - these two would be the best to explain the reasoning for this denial in further detail, if needed.

Best regards,
Garrison