DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

A special service for wand

YOU WOULD USE THIS SERVICE?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • the prices are too high. if they were lowered I would think about it

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • the prices are too low. it's an injustice for arthimancers

• maybe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
i was thinking woul be beatiful to have a personalized wand for player i wil explain better:

how many times have you wanted your own wand that only you have in my idea at a very high price (there is talk of creating a model just for you and that only you can have) [100 euro for example] contact with an artimancher and he will ask you how you want your wand .... then for example there could be packages 100 euro 1 wand 150 1 bracket or the highest price 200 euro a serpent staff style malfoy wand maybe all this is not feasible or maybe the prices are too high but there is talk of hard work by the staff obviously I do not understand much but it would perhaps be one of the best things about the server if done and very probaiblmene I will think of buying it. I repeat the idea in my opinion is very beautiful although I don't know if it is appilable and if the user would be willing to buy a service like this.

P.S=i will leave a pool for understand people idea

I like this idea, however, the prices are WAY too high. For my American friends, 100 euro equates to about 112 dollars. I personally would not spend this much on a custom wand. Additionally, I already really like the amount of (cheap) options on the store for wands and staffs. I like this idea, though! :)

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
Okay guys i give a price for my idea but the staff need to think about this and if they wanna do this i gave my idea and i think this would be beatiful to have this on the server

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Personally, I think it needs to be that high. The development team don't want to make a custom wand for every player on the server. It's counter-intuitive and not why they are there. If you were going to add something like this - Nicolas is right, approx £100 should be the going rate. At the end of the day - you don't have to get a custom wand - and I think of it in the way that, it is a Donation to the server in which they give you an Item in return for your donation, not buying the item off of the server.

I had a similar idea, but never posted it - for Custom Clubs (i.e Werewolf, SPEW) with a prefix, for a LARGE Donation.

I guess for some people, 100-ish dollars isn't that much, especially if you have a job. I agree with these points- actually, you've changed my mind. If it were lower, arithmancers would be SWAMPED with requests and never be able to get any of their actual assignments done. Great input and ideas, y'all! 💕

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
As @Dianaaaa said before, 100 euros is 112 us dollars, and that is a lot for a wand, you can buy DF and Aurolock package for the price of that, but a custom wand will be really hard to make, and arthimancers would be swamped with work. Maybe if it was like 100 us dollars it would be better, a super cool idea though!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I like the idea and I think think that it'd be cool if it were implemented. This could also apply to other items such as hats and maybe pets, if possible.

The price point at $100 might be high but could be justified since having a customized wand that no one else on the server has would definitely have to be expensive due to the time it would take for the Arithmancer to create.

There might be limitations though, such as the size or style of the wand and the final design might have to get approval by Droobledore or whoever deals with those things.

Think of this from a business perspective too - Is it worth the time and effort to make a customized item for one player, which is bought only once for $100? Compare this to the current items in the shop that can be bought multiple times by many people. Also, there might only be a handful of players on the server who would be able to spend $100 for one item - personally, I would think that it'd be better to buy 20 items from the shop with $100 instead of just buying one. Even if this customized item was priced at $50, would it still be worth the time for them to make one item?

The idea is great, but I guess it's just up to them to consider if it's worth the time to develop one item for one player instead of one item for everyone that's able to buy it in the store.

Not_Ponzi

Magician
Minecraft IGN: P0nz1an1
Phoenix Raven
if you do many custom wands, and each wand weight 15 kb of elements in a ressource pack,
how many player does it take before PW sacrifice future updates to have 2.5mb of additional weight on its resourcepack

150 custom wands
and people would love to buy them so 150 ppl is Nothing (99 online atm)

and that my friend is the most conservative calculated perspective of doing custom items to people

Unless the team create a lateral resourcepack; they>d sacrifice gameplay for business perspective. Its unsustainable.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf WizNetworker
Greetings Nicolas,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bring it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread!

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf WizNetworker
Greetings Nicolas,

Once again, thank you for your suggestion! We're always looking for suggestions and feedback that can help us make Potterworld a better place, and we appreciate you bringing your idea forward!

I’ve brought up your idea up with the team and unfortunately, we are declining this suggestion at this time - this is not something that we'll be implementing on the server. We feel that this would be a lot of extra work for the artworker team, especially since they already have projects that need to be completed. The time spent making a wand for one player could be spent making something that will benefit the entire server. Additionally, each added model would need to be added to the resource pack, making it bigger and harder for players to load. We want to avoid taking up unnecessary space in the resource pack when we could save it for more enticing things for the community. Again, thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion and we hope that you'll submit more in the future!

Best regards,
Garrison