DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

A Total Eclipse: Werewolf vs. Vampire War Event - Analysis (Part 1)

OcelotGuardian

Magician
Minecraft IGN: OcelotGuardian
Honeybadger Dark Follower Werewolf
On October 23rd, the Werewolf and Vampire bases opened for the Total Eclipse: Werewolf vs. Vampire War Event. Players were able to explore both bases to discover hidden information.
This is a list of important dialogue and item descriptions from the Werewolf Base, as well as my analysis of the base.
The Vampire Base will be included in Part 2 and the Werewolf Victory Live Event will be included in Part 3.

Werewolf Base:

Pierce Velguard: Have you been down to the prisons yet? They give me the creeps. I’ve only been down there for a transformation once, I hope I won’t ever have to go back…

Percival Amoret: Even though we’ve moved around a lot, this hallowed hall contains most of our history over the ages. Even though we’ve lost some of it due to time, age and the elements, we always ensure our history is recorded and kept safe.

Randolph Lennix: It’s gonna take forever to find the book I’m looking for! This Library is filled to the brim with the knowledge that can help us counter anyone who gets in our way. Werewolves can see moments throughout our history within the literature that is stacked up in our library.

Valerie Stewart: Have you taken your Wolfsbane Potion yet? Remember you need to take one every day for a full week before the full moon in order for the potion to actually work. Thanks to the Ministry we have better access to the potion.

Xavier Hogan: What are you doing here? I was just looking for some books that aren’t in the Library. There’s a whole cave here but it’s remained unused for as long as I can remember… many of the books here remain unread – we need all the knowledge we can get in order to finally solve the mystery of the cure. Sure, we’ve come a long way, we’ve made a lot of progress to figuring out the cure, however, now that the Vampires have the ingredient, all our work may go to waste… You better get out of here before someone comes looking, we don’t want to be suspicious, spies could be anywhere…

Cassandra Myers: It’s not pretty, but it has helped us so much, especially in the past. You can take a look around, just be careful not to hurt yourself. What supplies we have in there is going to have to last us.

Wesly Altum: Hey there! Some of the pack members use these cells during the full moon if they’re in the area. Sometimes if we can’t get our hands on Wolfsbane Potions, this is the next best option. It’s not ideal, but it keeps people safe, right? Hopefully, these new changes that the Ministry of Magicians presented will do what they promised and we can finally get the supplies we so badly need. Then maybe we won’t need these cells anymore… That’ll be nice to not have to be locked up… maybe someday…

Brutus Fawley: Be careful ‘round the prisons, alright? We got some real nasty customers in those cells. I’ve got orders to lock up any troublemakers in there, and I’m not opposed to locking them in there with that vampire.

Meeting Papers #1: Charity Venefica … 1641 … Massachusetts. Healing … in blood. Untimely death … 1661. Hunt… stolen … began … Witch … 1662. Ended in 1663.

Meeting Papers #2: Werewolf … 2016. Jong … unfairly sentenced. Break-in … courtroom. Werewolves escaped. Jong … Dark Prison. Hasn’t … seen since. Use … cure unknown. No further …

Meeting Papers #3: Research done … cure. Ingredient … compiled. Currently … testing. More … blood needed. Blood given to … safekeeping 2020. Hope for real cure soon.

Callie’s Old Newspaper: Belonging to the Werewolf Beta Callie Selwyn, this newspaper looks to be around four years old, and the headline is circled in red permanent marker. The front-page article describes the events of the Werewolf Trials and the sentencing of Jong Doge. Before the events in the paper, Callie wanted nothing to do with the wizarding world, however, now she has returned and is ready to speak out in full support of the Werewolves.

Mysterious Meat: On the tabletop lies a mysterious darkened meat, unlike any normal meats you know of. No clue what it could be, but it’s probably best not to ask.

Cluttered Potions: Many similar-looking potions lay scattered across the countertops, some labeled “Dreamless sleep” and others labeled “Wolfsbane”, it would be wise not to get the two mixed up…

Pendant: Inside of the chest there is a small pendant of a family of three, a mother, a father, and a daughter. Etched into the back are the words “until we can meet again”. Perhaps it belonged to someone in the infirmary?

Mysterious Diagram: Appears to be a formula of some kind, the parchment worn with age. Half of the formula seems missing and what remains is barely legible, but you recognize the words “Aconite” and “Jong”.

Torn Journal Page:
April 5, 2020:
I have just woken up after taking the cure. Though I am still quite weak, I find it urgent to write this all down while it is still fresh in memory. I feel different, whether it be good or bad, I am not quite sure yet. We had used an old cauldron that had been said to have been made to withstand a legendary potion such as this one. As for the ingredients, they are quite bizarre. Some included a couple of medicinal herbs, unicorn blood, and a drop of blood from a long-lost witch that is said to cure any illness. The potion took quite a while to brew and was very challenging. It has taken us years to find all of the necessary ingredients, and I think we have finally done it. The potion initially poisons the drinker, bringing them to a near death-like status. It sure felt like death… It was horrible knowing that I willingly poisoned myself, and those around me could only watch as the potion began to take effect. I don’t know if it was worse for me or for my dear pack members. From that point on, being that close to death, the healing properties the healing properties of the witch’s blood, and the separated unicorn blood could begin to work. I could feel myself regaining strength as I had begun to awaken. Could this really be it? I can feel something has changed, but I am not sure to what extent. I feel like I have more control and peace of mind than before. Though, I cannot be sure until the next full moon. Only time will tell.

Black Flower Crown: The undying flowers belonging to a little girl, kept quiet long ago. The petals are beginning to wilt, as if a spell is wearing off, but the girl, much older now, wears them as a reminder of the past every day she chooses to speak

Old Journal:
January 23, 2016:
I finally persuaded Jong to pass the curse onto me. He was very reluctant at first, but something changed and I am not sure what. I asked him if he would for my 19th birthday, as the past few years have been very hard for me. I have been so unwell the past couple of years, and I was not sure how much longer I’d have the opportunity to work alongside him. He initially “infected” me on December 25th. Just under a month ago. At first, I wasn’t sure how to take the change. And though it has only been a few weeks, I have felt a huge difference. In the past couple of weeks, I have not felt unwell in the slightest. I feel like this curse, although with its obvious drawbacks, has actually helped me. It seems to have given me the boost I needed, that is, except for today. I feel absolutely awful and completely drained. I am assuming that is due to the full moon tomorrow night. As this is my first transformation, I am not sure what to expect. Even if I feel like this every month around the full moon, it is definitely worth it. Lycanthropy has helped me in so many ways that I cannot even begin to explain. I do think it surprised the pack how well I took to everything. Honestly, I am not sure they thought that I’d survive it. I guess tomorrow will be the final “trial” so to say… Once I get past this, I am so eager to begin working alongside Jong to make the Wizarding World a better place for us. I’m sure I can. Being a werewolf isn’t a bad thing, I mean, look at how it has helped me. That must mean something to people… right?
-Kade W. Doge

Sword of Romulus: An ancient Roman-era sword, still polished and sharpened after all these years. A small plaque beneath it reads “Possessor ducet lupos”.

Green Feather: Upon closer inspection, the fibers look worn and tattered, as if it withstood great tragedy and sorrow. There is an odd warmth about this feather that feels familiar, but from what?

Celestial Model: A small orb spelled to house a detailed description of the celestial sphere that includes various constellations, star paths and the lunar cycle based off the geographic region of the user.

Dialogue:
Pierce Velguard and Wesly Altum tell the player that Werewolves lock themselves in the cells during the full moon and they don’t like it. It’s understandable why – Werewolves who are unable to find humans to bite turn to self-mutilation. The Werewolves who locked themselves away would spend the entire night biting and scratching at themselves, in addition to the excruciating pain of the transformation. However, these cells aren’t just used to house werewolves during the full moon. Brutus Fawley has orders to “lock up any troublemakers” and is currently housing a Vampire for reasons unknown to the player.
According to Percival Amoret and Randolph Lennix, Werewolf history is well-kept. It is most likely accurate, but may contain bias. Randolph Lennix also said that the Werewolves have information in the library that they can use to fight against the Vampires.
Xavier Hogan was searching for information in what seems to be Jong Doge’s study. There are unread books in this room that may help the Werewolves create a cure. However, Xavier urges the player to leave in order to not draw suspicion. This room may be off-limits, or there may be an unspoken rule to leave the room unoccupied.
Valerie Stewart is the resident Healer of the Werewolf Cave. According to her, the Ministry gave the Werewolves better access to the Wolfsbane Potion. This shows that the Ministry kept their promise of giving out Wolfsbane Potions to Werewolves in need.
Cassandra Myers greeted the player in the weapons room. The room contains swords, axes, crossbows, and silver bolts. These weapons are limited; they will have to be used sparingly.

Item Descriptions:
Meeting Papers #1 revealed that Charity Venefica is the witch whose blood has healing powers. She died in 1661. Her body was stolen in 1662. During this time, there was a hunt for her body. The hunt ended in 1663.
Meeting Papers #2 was about the 2016 Werewolf Trials. Jong Doge, the Werewolf Alpha, was wrongfully sentenced. There was a break-in. The Werewolves escaped, but Jong was sent to the Dark Prison. He has not been seen since. Jong was creating the cure at this time, but there was no information about it then.
Meeting Papers #3 described the research for the cure. The ingredient list was made and methods of creating the cure were being tested. More blood was needed. It was given to the Ministry for safekeeping in 2020. This “cure” is not a true cure. There is hope for one in the future.
Callie’s Old Newspaper provided some information about Callie Selwyn’s backstory. Before the Werewolf Trials, Callie Selwyn had abandoned the Wizarding World. She has now returned and wants to fully support the Werewolves. The newspaper is four years old – it would date around the time when the First Werewolf and Vampire war took place.
The Mysterious Meat is possibly human meat. I’m not Googling it, though; I don’t need to be put on a list. If this is not human meat, it may be Vampire or magical creature meat.
Among the cluttered potions are “Dreamless sleep” and “Wolfsbane”. “Dreamless sleep” is used to sleep through the night; “Wolfsbane” is used by Werewolves to keep control of themselves during the full moon.
The Pendant found in the infirmary belongs to Callie. Callie was a healer and was exiled from the Wizarding World. The people in the pendant are Callie’s mother, father, and sister – Chailey.
In the Mysterious Diagram, Aconite is another word for Wolfsbane. Jong was the previous Werewolf Alpha, who tried to make a cure for Lycanthropy. This diagram is part of Jong’s notes on how to create the cure.
The Torn Journal Page shows Jong’s experience after taking the cure. He was poisoned, nearly dead, then was healed by the witch’s blood and the separated unicorn blood. He felt something change, but wasn’t sure what happened. It is unknown if the cure worked. Unicorn blood curses the drinker; separating the blood may remove the curse.
The Black Flower Crown belongs to Callie Selwyn. She was seen wearing them in the Werewolf Victory live event, and a hidden message in a forum post she made spelled out “flowers”. She also has past trauma, a running theme. It is currently unknown why Callie was kept silent.
The Old Journal belongs to Kade Everard (previously Kade Doge). She worked with Jong to find a cure. Lycanthropy helped Kade overcome an illness. Jong and Kade were very close; Jong could be Kade’s father or brother.
The Sword of Romulus is named after Romulus, the founder of Rome. He was raised by a wolf and killed his brother, Remus. “Possessor ducet lupos” is Latin for “holder of the lead wolves”. This is a sword for the Werewolf Alpha; it may have been used to behead the former Vampire leader, Nicolai Konstantawicz.
The Green Feather is a Sorrowseer feather. It is connected to Kade through her forum post – runes spell out “The Sorrowseer” – and through the Sorrowseer in the Alpha’s Den. The feather may have also been the Stray Feather that was left behind at the destroyed Phoenix base (which hinted at Kade’s return). The Stray Feather was “flame-scarred”, which is similar to how the Green Feather is described: “worn and tattered”.
Sorrowseer is the lore term for Augurey (also known as the Irish Phoenix) – a greenish-black bird that looks like an “underfed vulture”. They have a “mournful song” – exactly quoted from the Stray Feather found at the Phoenix Base. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them describes the song of an Augurey to be “low and throbbing” as well as “heart-wrending”.
The word Augurey, other than being the name of a magical creature, means "a sign of what will happen in the future” or “an omen".