DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

A way to see the richest players on the server

I wanted to suggest, a possible way to see a list of the top richest players on the server. Such as, the serpent leaderboard during the serpent house cup, that shows the top 10 richest serpents gold balances. I think it could be awesome to know who the most rich players are on the entire server (not including head staff members who probably get unlimited free gold, idk if thats real). I have seen this on several servers, where you can do ./baltop or ./topbal to show list of the top 10 players in chat who have the largest balance of gold. It would work like how it does when you do /bal . If not a leaderboard would be cool in our flares command book. I requested this feature because it would be a good way to monitor the community and how well the economy is doing, as well as see how rich some players are, because typically the richest players have the best shops to shop at full of good items. Those who collect gold would probably find this a fun way to compete with other gold hoarders as well haha.

In addition (not part of this suggestion just thought id add it) being able to see the balance of a specific player would be cool too. Such as /bal username or /balcheck username

Last edited:

Clem

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: lolclem
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I don't agree. Some people, including me, like to keep their balance a secret because players tend to overprice items that they are selling to you just because they know that you have a lot of gold. Maybe this feature could be turned on or off depending if the person wants to share the info or not.
Personally, I think this addition could be quite a cool feature.

I don't agree. Some people, including me, like to keep their balance a secret because players tend to overprice items that they are selling to you just because they know that you have a lot of gold. Maybe this feature could be turned on or off depending if the person wants to share the info or not.
You are not forced to buy an overpriced product. if you don't know the price you can always look at the average price and find someone not looking to overprice. But knowing gold amounts of others, doesn't seem to have correlation between buying and selling other than checking shops on housing plots..
Also to add on, they already displayed peoples balances during the serpent house cup and I didn't see any of the top 10 serpents having an issue with it.
On the other server's that use this, people actually find it quite helpful in the community, also you can see if someones trying to scam you for store trades like lying about balance's.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
You are not forced to buy an overpriced product. if you don't know the price you can always look at the average price and find someone not looking to overprice. But knowing gold amounts of others, doesn't seem to have correlation between buying and selling other than checking shops on housing plots..
Also to add on, they already displayed peoples balances during the serpent house cup and I didn't see any of the top 10 serpents having an issue with it.
On the other server's that use this, people actually find it quite helpful in the community, also you can see if someones trying to scam you for store trades like lying about balance's.
As a collector, I've bought and sold many rare and expensive items that aren't even sold in the marketplace and have no set price. When selling those items, you want to get the best price possible and when people know you have a lot of gold and that you want an item really bad, they will really test your limits. Some people went as far as asking for my /bal and then asking for all of the gold I had at the time. After that I stopped sharing info on my /bal. So there definitely is a correlation. About the top7* serpents, 3 of them are staff and other 3 are known collectable sellers, which means they don't really buy collectables. About store trades, it is a tradition that you first give gold and only after that the person buys the stuff, so I don't see how that is a issue. I don't really see much use out of this feature other than competition and checking out ppls bal out of curiosity... And again, why is it a problem if people can toggle this feature on/off?

Yeah, I think allowing players to toggle on/off is a great idea if they decide to add this. But to completely throw the entire idea away of seeing others balances / top gold owners, just because someone might overprice their items is singular-sided (since it doesn't apply to everyone). Some people who might want to use this might not want to buy anything at all. Personally I think its fun to see peoples balances as the top serpents had theirs displayed w/o permission during the cup aha. Some people might find it fun to show off their gold also.

This is done on a very large server already, and there is no problems with it, I've only seen positive uses with the feature they have.

Last edited:

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hia @oakstanner, and others who left their feedback,

Thank you all for bringing your input. By getting input from multiple players, we get multiple perspectives. This allows taking a bigger group of players into consideration, in addition to what we think the players would benefit from or not. I will bring your ideas forth to the team and I'll get back to you once we have reached a decision! Stay tuned.

I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

Hia @oakstanner, and others who left their feedback,

Thank you all for bringing your input. By getting input from multiple players, we get multiple perspectives. This allows taking a bigger group of players into consideration, in addition to what we think the players would benefit from or not. I will bring your ideas forth to the team and I'll get back to you once we have reached a decision! Stay tuned.

I wish you a wonderful day :heart:
Thank you for considering my suggestion! I also forgot to add this can be sorted by players in general and ,maybe by house through command. Such as /baltop for general 10 across all houses, /baltopraven /baltopserpent /baltopbadger etc

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @oakstanner, and others who left their input,

Thank you for leaving your suggestion! I have returned with our decision. Apologies for the delay.

Unfortunately, we have decided to decline the suggestion. We generally don't think that these commands/features will be that useful to the global aspect of the server. We feel that most players would like to keep their balance private and this would mean that the balance top would not be accurate. It would be missing people that keep their balance on 'private'. Additionally, this may cause certain situations that we would like to stay clear of. Because of these and other factors, it would mean that we would not be able to implement either a single check (/balance <username>) or the proposed global balance leaderboards (/baltop).

If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask. Regardless, we are highly appreciative of these suggestions and we hope to see more of them in the future! I wish you a wonderful day :)