DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

AC

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I'm sorry if this suggestion has been made already, I couldn't find any similar yet so I'll write it. AC is an great currency for getting XP to grind, and that's what it is mainly used for. Well now I am level 80, and AC does not have a use anymore. Yes I could get 200 gold from 10 AC, but is it really worth it?
Lately I haven't been voting or going to classes, because I don't know what to do with the AC. So here is where my suggestion starts. Like the little shops for voting tokens, or arena tokens, we should have one for AC. Like 50 AC for a hat, and maybe a wand for 500 AC. It will make me want to go to class more, and try to get AC to get the cool items.
Please let me know what you think of this suggestion in the comments.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
You are correct in the fact that the trades for gold isn't much of a reason to get AC anymore and that it really isn't worth it. However, this probably is more in relation to the current state of the economy (where many, many players find themselves above 100,000 gold), instead of problems with AC alone. For this to be fixed, we would first need an insentive and balancing to gold (for which there is little of at the moment). I feel like your suggestion only really delays the problem, rather than solving it. Sure, for a while after you've graduated you will still have the insentive to go to classes and get those new found rewards, but after you've got them all... well, then what? There would have to be a large amount of items, costing a large amount of AC (up in the hundereds and possibly even thousands), for this to work and while it is definitely possible, it is probably not the best option. Running with the idea of making AC a currency of its own, it could instead be used to buy some items at events (which would usually be purchased with gold) and in other scenarios - maybe even being introduced in some form to professions, dungeons or the store. I'm sure there are far better ideas than what I've shortly listed but it is currently 5am in the morning and my mind doesn't seem to be working.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Aloha @Yellow_Flower!

Thank you for making this suggestion! As the server continues to grow, hearing feedback and suggestions from the community are extremely important to us in order to further improve it! I will bring this suggestion up to the rest of the Poltergeist team and discuss it. It will then be brought up to the Leadership team for them to carefully decide a final decision. I will return with a response, so keep an eye out on this thread!

Have an awesome day and a happy Winter Waltz!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya again @Yellow_Flower!

After careful discussion and consideration from the Leadership, they have decided to accept this suggestion. We agree that it would further encourage players to attend classes, as well as earn AC. However, there are developmental systems we want to put in place before doing this, so this will be done sometime in the future.

Thank you again for making this suggestion and have a great day!

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya again @Yellow_Flower!

After careful discussion and consideration from the Leadership, they have decided to accept this suggestion. We agree that it would further encourage players to attend classes, as well as earn AC. However, there are developmental systems we want to put in place before doing this, so this will be done sometime in the future.

Thank you again for making this suggestion and have a great day!
Thank you for bringing this up to the Poltergeist team to debate about the suggestion. I understand that you guys must feel busy with all the other suggestions. So thank you for taking the time.