DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Academics Weekly Assignment — November 6th, 2022

Welcome to the Academics weekly assignment for the week of November 6th, 2022! These weekly assignments will give our Professors the ability to showcase some of their lesson ideas here on the website. Each assignment will be posted for a week, in which everyone will be able to read about the topic and respond to the assignment prompt. This week's assignment is "Magical Cuisine - Water of Youth" created by Logan (LoganTheLamb).

The assignment is as follows:
Overview
Water rarely has any magical properties unless it is in a specific location, and this is true of Water of Youth. This water comes from the Fountain of Youth. This ‘fountain’ is a mythical spring believed to restore people to their youth. It is also known to have healing or regenerative properties if consumed or bathed in. It’s said to restore health and vitality or even grant eternal life. While legends of fountains of youth have been around since the 5th century, there is one well-known location today. Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon set out to find the fountain of youth, originally thinking it was on the northern coast of Florida. There, he received instructions to travel to the Caribbean Islands. Although he never found the mythical spring he was searching for, it is believed to be in Bimini. Bimini is the westernmost point of the Bahamas, and is believed to have “The Healing Hole”. This small body of water is believed to hold Water of Youth within it and was likely where Ponce de Leon was directed.

Assignment
Imagine you’re an explorer searching for Water of Youth. Why are you searching for it? Where do you look? Do you find it? If so, what do you do with it?

Please make sure to write at least 5 full sentences to get AC for this assignment! Your assignment must be entirely written by you and may not be plagiarized (including copying anything from online sources, books, or movie plots) in any way. Assignments must follow all PotterworldMC rules, which can be found here; assignments that do not follow all PotterworldMC rules will be subject to punishment. If your assignment does not meet the requirements, you will be unable to redo your assignment for this week. Assignments are due at 12am PST on Sunday, November 13th, 2022. You may submit as soon as you would like, but any assignments submitted after that time will not receive grades. You may receive up to 20 ACs for your submission. House points will not be awarded to any submissions. If you have any questions, please reach out to a Jr. Professor, Sr. Professor, Academics Advisor, Academics Lead or Head of Academics on Discord.

Click here to submit your assignment, and click here to view your submission.

Comments

CoolRosalie

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: CoolRosalie
Honeybadger
I would be searching for the Water of Youth for scientific purposes, so I can research if it really does grant eternal life. It would make the most sense if I searched for it in Bimini, since I believe that Juan Ponce de Leon was right. It would be amazing if I actually found it. If the Water of Youth grants eternal life it would be best to destroy all of it so it doesn't get into the wrong hand. If it doesn't grant eternal life, I would donate it to hospitals around the world so they can use it if they desperately need to save a patient.

Toad

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: fobsux
Staff Serpent Vampire Werewolf Scribe Publisher Jr. Engineer
@CoolRosalie You can submit your assignment here so that it can be graded and you can receive AC for your work!

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I would be searching for the Water of Youth for scientific purposes, so I can research if it really does grant eternal life. It would make the most sense if I searched for it in Bimini, since I believe that Juan Ponce de Leon was right. It would be amazing if I actually found it. If the Water of Youth grants eternal life it would be best to destroy all of it so it doesn't get into the wrong hand. If it doesn't grant eternal life, I would donate it to hospitals around the world so they can use it if they desperately need to save a patient.
Ouu free assignment 😃 (I'm joking)