DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a blacklist to /shop

corainth

Magician
Minecraft IGN: mothie_
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
I searched for this thread to see if there was a duplicate and I couldn't find one. so, I present to you:

Add a blacklist to /shop.

do you go on chest runs and find your inventory full of stuff, go to /shop to clear it out, and accidentally list an item that you want to keep in your inventory (event handbags, brooms, collectables that you keep in your inventory to show off, etc)? maybe you're killing mobs and experiencing the same problem.

well then this is the suggestion for you. that can get super annoying when you have to scroll through 10 pages of your shop to find the item and remove it to get it back in your inventory. what this suggestion would do is add some sort of blacklist in /shop (similar to the deposit stock/manage stock buttons maybe?) that lets you add items to it, and the items added to this list don't show up in the "deposit stock" list until removed from the blacklist. the items added to the list don't disappear from your inventory. a version of them is copied into the blacklist to store the data so that they don't show up in the deposit stock list anymore.

I don't know if this is actually possible, but it would be a nice quality of life feature to see added.

thank you for taking your time to read this <3

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya, @Holly Hawthorn!

Thank you for your suggestion! I’ll bring it up to the rest of the team for discussion, and I’ll have a response sent to you soon!

Have a nice day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again @Holly Hawthorn!

Sorry for the wait, and thank you again for making this suggestion. After careful consideration, we've decided to decline your suggestion, as we found some concerns with this. We don't see much efficiency from this, nor use. Plus, it would require a lot of work and storage space for something that's not in very high demand. Accidentally depositing items isn't a huge problem because they aren't set to sell at first anyways, so you have time to go through and remove them from your shop. Also, the blacklist could get just as cluttered as the shop, and even so, it would be rarely used as players would primarily use it for a few mob drops and/or collectables.

Additionally, we believe that this would only makes shops even more complicated and less intuitive than they are at the moment, which would cause some confusion. An alternative solution would be shop organization, which is already planned here, as we believe this would bring a lot more benefits. We also thought about adding a toggle-able confirmation on depositing items but didn't think that would be very useful either. We think that the issue of accidentally depositing items into a cluttered shop occurs when depositing many items, in which case confirmation would be turned off since it's tedious. Despite this, we hope you continue to make more suggestions and share them with us in the near future!

Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful day