DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a coordinates map for Hogsworth

Would you guys want a map of Hogsworth that gave the coordinates to classes?

• YES OMG!!! I need this!!!!!

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No, ruins the chances of exploration

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I like the idea but I wouldn't use it

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No opinion

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Camo011 and I came up with this idea. So there's /maps which gives coordinates to cities and such (which has saved me from perishing so thank you for that). What if we had something like that but for navigating Hogsworth?

Our idea is: Think of an object (looks similar to a map) that when you click on it, multiple options come up. There will be 2 options: Exploration, or quests. When you click "Exploration", it'll show a map of Hogsworth where you can find what floor the classroom is on. However if you have not discovered it, it'll show a lock then when you hover over it it says "LOCKED", so think of the warp key bag pre-revelius, but with finding classrooms. Using the new map, instead of teleporting you to the classroom, you get the coordinates in which you have to then navigate yourself towards it.

For ex: if you're trying to find the Greenhouses, you will use the map and hover over the greenhouses and the coordinates will pop up. But unless you haven't found it yet, it will alert you to the direction (what floor its on, nothing else). Once found, you will then have a screen pop up that says "LOCATION FOUND -- Greenhouses"

We're thinking of a name kinda like "Hogsworth Secrets" or "Hogsworth Harita" (Harita is Map in Turkish), so that it's not copying the Marauders map. We're thinking that this map won't be free and it would range from 100-1000g depending on the complexity.

In terms of design: We're thinking it would be a similarity/mix of the Warp Key Bag (or floo powder network) and the Marauders map. It'll work like the floo network, look similar to the marauders map.

Please contact me on discord @/Cate#1068 if you'd like an outline/design of what we're talking about.

Thank you so much for reading and taking into consideration of our idea. Hope you are doing well and staying safe! <3

-Cate and Camo011

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Camo011 and I came up with this idea. So there's /maps which gives coordinates to cities and such (which has saved me from perishing so thank you for that). What if we had something like that but for navigating Hogsworth?

Our idea is: Think of an object (looks similar to a map) that when you click on it, multiple options come up. There will be 2 options: Exploration, or quests. When you click "Exploration", it'll show a map of Hogsworth where you can find what floor the classroom is on. However if you have not discovered it, it'll show a lock then when you hover over it it says "LOCKED", so think of the warp key bag pre-revelius, but with finding classrooms. Using the new map, instead of teleporting you to the classroom, you get the coordinates in which you have to then navigate yourself towards it.

For ex: if you're trying to find the Greenhouses, you will use the map and hover over the greenhouses and the coordinates will pop up. But unless you haven't found it yet, it will alert you to the direction (what floor its on, nothing else). Once found, you will then have a screen pop up that says "LOCATION FOUND -- Greenhouses"

We're thinking of a name kinda like "Hogsworth Secrets" or "Hogsworth Harita" (Harita is Map in Turkish), so that it's not copying the Marauders map. We're thinking that this map won't be free and it would range from 100-1000g depending on the complexity.

In terms of design: We're thinking it would be a similarity/mix of the Warp Key Bag (or floo powder network) and the Marauders map. It'll work like the floo network, look similar to the marauders map.

Please contact me on discord @/Cate#1068 if you'd like an outline/design of what we're talking about.

Thank you so much for reading and taking into consideration of our idea. Hope you are doing well and staying safe! <3

-Cate and Camo011
I wish so badly that they will implement this... I want this so badly. Haha

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello and thank you for your suggestion Cate!
I will now discuss your idea with the other Poltergeists and we will inform you of our decision.
Have a magical day!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
It's been a while since this thread got picked by poltergeists so idrk to what extent this opinion is still of value to this thread, but here goes nothing.

The way I see it, how you described your "map" item is essentially what we have now with scarlett, but in item form. (Until the location is unlocked, ofc.) Once locations are "unlocked" then they show coordinates, which essentially doesn't give players a whole lot new information, since they could already have saved those coordinates somewhere else. I therefore think it's a brilliant idea, since I think the whole concept of the Scarlett NPC would work a lot better if players are able to take her descriptions with them while exploring the castle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they change Scarlett to unlock coordinates once someone enters a location, surely it won't be too difficult to turn this into a magical item?

so ye, love the idea, hope it gets implemented :)

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
While I like the idea for a map specifically for Hogsworth I don't think this particular implementation would be worth it, especially when it'd cost 100-1000 g

New players are lost already and a map that would only tell them what floor their desired location is on and only once doesn't sound helpful. Combined with the fact that the desired floor would be mentioned the first time only and after that it'd just say X Y and Z coordinates seems to be almost useless, since even experienced players don't know on what Y level are different floors and you can't just point yourself to X and Z coordinates since there's lots of corridors.

If I don't understand this correctly and the map would just become a pocket Scarlett then I don't know how it'd take current player location into account and guide them from where they are, since right now Scarlett guides players from the Great Hall.
As for more experienced players I don't see any added value since they already know their way around the map.

A physical map item combined with map plugin with the ability to switch between floors might be more suited for castle navigation (using a map).

Here is a showcase for Cartographer plugin, it can display the map, coordinates, custom waypoints and other players - perfect for imitating a real Marauder's map. Clicking on a waypoint can open a menu which in the case of PW could show info about the location, what mobs are there, nearest floo network chimney etc.:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @Cate.

Thanks again for the wonderful suggestion!
Unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. because we have a couple of alternatives designed to allow players to navigate Hogsworth more easily. There's Scarlett (at the great hall) that gives you directions to various points of interest and we've recently implemented a compass (obtainable in /me) that guides players to certain locations (by pointing out directions, not coordinates).
We also did like some of your ideas regarding the locking and overall Harry Potter aspects of it so we may use some of those in the future as well!

Take care and enjoy your day :)