DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a future to A Future Unforetold quest

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
So, the A Future Unforetold quest is sort of a hot topic about Year 1 students because of the infamous divination parkour.

However, that is not the only thing I have seen mentioned about this quest - many people think, after all that, the crystal ball didn't even tell me my future!

So this is where my suggestion comes in.
Picture this:
You're a new player. You've just finished the parkour. It's time to see your future.... it says something along the lines of this, along with maybe some pictures coming up of places around the map although that's optional.
"A great journey lies ahead of you. Saving and helping people around the castle... exploring Hogsend... finding secret relics... helping officers... saving and assisting townspeople all across the wilderness... visiting Ireland... creating an alliance within the allegiances of the Deep Forest... and fighting the greatest of enemies."

That is the kind of thing that leaves an impact on people. That is the kind of thing that gets people to stay.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
Hi, this is a quest that I wrote so I thought I’d share my insight. The premise of the crystal ball magical course is that as you are completing it, you are seeing your future. Each section contains a scene from a future quest ie. the haunted piano from the Sneaky Students quest, the Griffin’s Hollow graveyard which is the basis for a future quest line, etc. I think these details haven’t really been picked up on too much because players are focused on the parkour. I’d definitely like to add a message similar to the one you came up with that also hints that the scenes are from future quests. This would make sure players don’t leave the quest feeling dissatisfied that they never got a glimpse of the future.

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hey @Mallaidh!

Thanks so much for your suggestion! We really appreciate every idea players bring up for the server. I definitely see the appeal in this idea and will bring it up with the rest of the Poltergeist team to see how they feel about it. Once we have come to a decision I will reply to let you know.

Again, thank you for your suggestion and have a wonderful day!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I agree, I think an additional piece of dialogue looking forward to quests to come would increase the quality of this quest.

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Heya @Mallaidh!

Many apologies on the late response to this suggestion! After bringing your idea up with the leadership team, I am here to let you know that your suggestion has been accepted! We really loved the idea of adding dialogue at the end of the quest because it would just overall give it a more magical sense. The parkour itself is meant to foreshadow future things that a player will encounter and can often be overlooked, so adding dialogue will just help clarify this!

Thank you very much for your idea for the server. We really do appreciate every suggestion brought up and would love to hear anymore ideas you have in the future! I hope you have a fantastic day and players should be able to see this implemented soon!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello @Mallaidh!

Apologies for this taking some time, but I'd like to inform you that this suggestion has been worked on and is now completed! A dialogue has been added at the end of the quest, hinting that the parkour course they completed is a glimpse of what lies ahead in their Potterworld journey. This change will be live soon, so keep an eye out once it is!

Thank you again for creating this suggestion, and we hope that you'll share more suggestions or feedback with us in the future! Have a wonderful day!