DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a Quarterly Leaderboard for Games to use toward House Cup points.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think it would be nice to have a separate leaderboard for each game that tracks players and their ranks every three months, similar to the timeframe used for the House Cup. It would have similar information as the All-Time Leaderboard, but would only show the stats for three months which would then get archived as soon as the next quarter starts.

One reason for doing this is to possibly incorporate the quarterly leaderboard into tournaments or the House Cup. An example is to give the top three ranked players in each game leaderboard extra house points that can be contributed towards their current house for the House Cup.

There could be requirements to get ranked such as playing one game 100+ times within that three month period in order to be considered for house points.

Doing this could possibly encourage more people to play /games and fill them up to the maximum player count.

Feyre

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: CruelDuarte
Dark Follower Griffin SPEW
definitely seems like a great way to incorporate mini games more into the house cup especially since many grads may not attend classes as they have no need for AC as money can be earned much faster with other means e.g Quests but they may still play many minigames when they are online.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya, @Psycho!

I’ll have your suggestion be brought up to the rest of the team and discuss things from there. I’ll get back to you soon with a response!

Have a nice day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello again @Somnambulist!

Apologies for the long wait! After carefully discussing this suggestion, the leadership team has decided to decline it, unfortunately. Although we understand the reasoning behind this suggestion, we believe that this would make it too competitive, as well as take away the fun and casual aspect of minigames. We also think that this is moreover about how many games a player can play rather than how skilled a player is, which would cause some unfairness. Additionally, since there are many other ways to earn House Points, we believe there is no need at the moment to create other ways to earn them.

We hope you understand this decision. Thank you again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a nice day!