DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add better tools to the mine depot

ThatPreston

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower Linked
Tearing down builds in housing is currently a very tedious process. Since the fastest tools available are only iron, they break very quickly and I find myself buying a ridiculous amount of pickaxes and axes. I think it would be great if we could invest in better tools to make the destroying process easier.

For example, the current diamond tools have no enchantments. Efficiency 5 diamond tools would be a good addition as they have much more durability. I think an efficiency 5 unbreaking 3 iron axe should also be added to go with its pickaxe counterpart.

Another option is to add unbreakable tools. These would be expensive but worth it for players who build a lot, like house flight is.

Overall, the tools section of the mine depot feels very limited and any additions would be welcome.

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I've had the thought of unbreakable tools before! They'd have to be pretty expensive though for it to be balanced.
Maybe an idea for that would be an upgradeable tools! Basically, personal tools (that cannot be traded maybe) where you start at a pretty bad tool but with gold(and maybe materials like mob drops?) it can be upgraded! It would be an interesting system to have. Maybe a majority of the tears could still have durability and if they "break" it just is unusable and not completely gone. You'd be able to repair it with gold. The last tier could maybe be that it gets the unbreakable flag on it.
Another Idea regarding this could be that we have 2 different upgrade "shops": Enchantments and Material. The enchantment shop is pretty self explanatory in my opinion and the material shop would basically be that you can upgrade from wood tools all the way to diamond(or in 2.0 netherite).

Lmk what you think! I think this could be a cool system in the future, ofc it'd need quite a bit of development for it to work so this would atleast not be a big prioirty but maybe the staff team is interested in such a thing!

Thank you for reading!!
~ Hektor

ThatPreston

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower Linked
I've had the thought of unbreakable tools before! They'd have to be pretty expensive though for it to be balanced.
Maybe an idea for that would be an upgradeable tools! Basically, personal tools (that cannot be traded maybe) where you start at a pretty bad tool but with gold(and maybe materials like mob drops?) it can be upgraded! It would be an interesting system to have. Maybe a majority of the tears could still have durability and if they "break" it just is unusable and not completely gone. You'd be able to repair it with gold. The last tier could maybe be that it gets the unbreakable flag on it.
Another Idea regarding this could be that we have 2 different upgrade "shops": Enchantments and Material. The enchantment shop is pretty self explanatory in my opinion and the material shop would basically be that you can upgrade from wood tools all the way to diamond(or in 2.0 netherite).
Lmk what you think! I think this could be a cool system in the future, ofc it'd need quite a bit of development for it to work so this would atleast not be a big prioirty but maybe the staff team is interested in such a thing!

Thank you for reading!!
~ Hektor
I really like the idea of tool progression. Being able to upgrade tools would be much better than the current system, especially if they eventually become unbreakable. I think players who build a lot would definitely take advantage of something like this.

This seems like it would be complicated to add though, and it probably isn't a priority since tools are a very small part of gameplay. A more thought out system like the one you suggested would be awesome to have in the future, but I think new tools being added to the mine depot would be a good solution for the time being.

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Lore Master Poltergeist Linked
Hello, @ThatPreston!

I'm happy to let you know that this suggestion has been accepted and therefore completed! We really liked this idea, and we have added 4 new diamond pickaxes, 3 new diamond axes (that match the iron tools) and we also added 1 new iron axe (efficiency 5 unbreaking 3).

Thank you for making this suggestion, and I hope you have a wonderful day!