DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add Books to the Restricted Section

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
So I got the key to the restricted section a while ago and was so excited to see what was behind it. But, low and behold, there were no rewards, prizes, or exclusive things there to greet me. I think it would be super cool to add some books and such to reward players. For example, I was thinking about adding some newspaper clippings or articles that the DD team could write. Maybe some old textbooks and books by the Lore & Academic teams. The textbooks could help players succeed in classes, while the books could be old tales of fantasy or nonfiction books with hidden lore (these are the ones I thought of off the top of my head but please add more of all genres!). Some could have secrets too, like where to find the mirrors (I forget the lore term for them :p) or where to find some secret rooms. OH! And a secret treasure map or something would be incredible! It could lead players to a secret room and maybe give them a collectible!

Many of my friends and I agree that this would be an awesome idea. It would make completing the grueling parkour to get the key worth it. Plus, it would be fun for the Lore & Academic Teams as well as the DD.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
So I got the key to the restricted section a while ago and was so excited to see what was behind it. But, low and behold, there were no rewards, prizes, or exclusive things there to greet me.
there is a hidden chest that you can only access from the restricted section in the library, very exclusive, but it doesn't greet you because you have to explore in order to find it

FlatJambo

Graduate
Honeybadger Auralock
there is a hidden chest that you can only access from the restricted section in the library, very exclusive, but it doesn't greet you because you have to explore in order to find it
I found that one, but the restricted section IS a part of the library. The chest is cool, but hidden books would be even better. Chests are found all over the map without having to do parkour and they give materials and such. Yes, it's a reward that is suitable for those chests; but when it comes to the Restricted Section, the parkour you have to do to get there is painful. I feel like there should be a bigger reward. You don't even get gold or anything. You just get a key that opens up the area and gives you one chest that is just like the others. It's not worth it for a lot of players right now, and we need to change that.

FlatJambo

Graduate
Honeybadger Auralock
That's why the prizes should be EXCLUSIVE to people who complete the parkour. There's no reward at all basically and people need a reward for completing the parkour.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I found that one, but the restricted section IS a part of the library. The chest is cool, but hidden books would be even better. Chests are found all over the map without having to do parkour and they give materials and such. Yes, it's a reward that is suitable for those chests; but when it comes to the Restricted Section, the parkour you have to do to get there is painful. I feel like there should be a bigger reward. You don't even get gold or anything. You just get a key that opens up the area and gives you one chest that is just like the others. It's not worth it for a lot of players right now, and we need to change that.
It may be good to know that since riddles have been re-added, one of dem riddles actually ends in this area, giving anyone who finishes it a whopping 10 gold and 925 XP.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
'ello and once again thank you for your suggestion! This is something we're certainly interested in doing, and as such, we're going to be accepting your suggestion. We believe adding something for players to find in the Restricted Section of the Library is a great way to get players to try the parkour out as well as add some extra fun to the area! However, at the moment we're unsure of what to add and will be placing this suggestion on hold until we can sort something out!

We hope to hear more suggestions from you in the future!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @thatgirlskyyy !

I am excited to let you know that this suggestion has been officially implemented and is now live! Keep an eye out for what collectables you may find in the restricted section... ;)

Thank you once again for suggesting this and I hope you have a fantastic day!