DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add parkour challenges to the Common Rooms

minecraftmshark

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: minecraftmshark
Raven
I want to spice up the Common Rooms, give people more incentives to make the trip, and what better way than Parkour. I know parkour can infuriate people, but if the rewards are interesting then it should get reasonable audience. As you know, every House had an artifact made by the founder, and they have themes and powers and stuff (at least two of them do, but we can get creative). In the Ravens Common Room, we got the Lost Diadem. It's supposed to increase your intelligence, so a parkour challenge that has several paths and blocks to jump on, and you got to figure out which way is the best way. Best would probably mean safest way, at least to a Raven. It would have a very astronomical feel, with stars dotting the walls of the challenge. You will try to get to the very top, that would be the goal.

Griffins Sword shows itself to true Griffins who are brave, and also takes on the beneficial properties of those it defeats. It'll be filled with daring jumps, and you must be brave to make them. Some may seem like they have an easier way around, but taking them could end up getting you stuck. You can also do Levamora and other temporary platform spells, but be careful not to hinder or else.

Badger is next, and it's got a cup. What does the cup do? We don't know, so we'll get creative. It will have a lot of Liquid, water mostly, but maybe Lava too (Lava can take the place of Vinegar, which is something the Founder used a lot.). It would also be very gold. Badger is about Hardworking, so give this one the harder jumps.

Next is Serpents locket, we also don't know what it does. The theme would be trying to find something, trying to open up the locket. Serpent is about ambition and cunning, so you also have to find different ways to get to the goal, but this time the shortest way instead of the safest way. You'll be descending downwards instead of up, as there would be a giant locket on the floor.

There are other ways to spice up the common rooms, chess and shops, but I want to explain one idea and not a million. There should be rewards each time you complete your parkour challenges, what it would be is something I don't know, but House Points is what I want! I'd do my Diadem Challenge a million times. Of course you can do other challenges, but maybe you don't even get rewards for those.

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Good day @minecraftmshark!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to Potterworld! As we are always on the lookout for new ways to improve our server, we are super appreciative of your idea!

At the current time, I will be forwarding your suggestion to my fellow Poltergeists to get additional feedback on if we are to implement this idea or not. I will get back to you here so be on the lookout for future notifications from this thread!

Once again thank you for your suggestion, take good care of yourself! <3

Kind wishes,
Cate

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @minecraftmshark!

I’d like to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted, as we really liked the concept behind it. We definitely think this will help encourage players to visit the Common Rooms more and also really liked the themes. However, we probably won’t be awarding House Points for completion, as there are already a couple of ways to earn them. Additionally, we're not sure when exactly we'll be adding these parkour challenges, as there are other things we have planned and want to release first, but keep an eye out for any updates on this thread in the future!

Thank you again for making your suggestion, and I hope you have a good day!