DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add Rails to the Mine Depot

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I suggest adding rails to the Mine Depot. This would allow players to explore the option of having minecart roller coasters in their housings. Powered rails would be powered on by default (if possible). To reduce lag minecarts would not be placeable but would spawn once you right clicked on a rail, and despawn once you dismounted.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
I think this is a good idea, but it might be too laggy. To be able to add a roller coaster, you need powered rails, which require Redstone. Redstone can create lag, and that's why it is currently not in the Mine Depot. Not to mention the minecarts, which cause even more lag than Redstone due to the fact that they are entities rather than blocks.

I hope this is added, but for the reasons I've listed above, I don't think it will happen.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
In my post I said:
Powered rails would be powered on by default (if possible).
What I meant by this is that powered rails wouldn't need a redstone connection, just be powered by default once you placed them down. I don't think powered rails would cause lag as they only intake redstone input, they do not output.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
Powered rails would be powered on by default (if possible). To reduce lag minecarts would not be placeable but would spawn once you right clicked on a rail, and despawn once you dismounted.
Oops, I must have forgotten to read this part. But if it is not possible to have rails powered by default, then even though the rails themselves would not cause output, if Redstone torches, Redstone, comparators or repeaters were added, you could probably make a Redstone clock to cause lag using doors.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello and thank you for making a suggestion Magma!
I will now bring up your idea to the other Poltergeists, so that we can discuss it and get back to you with a response.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
After talking about your idea, we have unfortunately decided to decline it @Magma, simply because it is not a high priority at the moment. However the decision is not final as we will reflect back on it in the future once we have figured out how to do it safely and in a more optimized way, to ensure there’s no potential glitches and possible performance issues.
Thanks again for suggesting this (and providing some ideas on how to solve the issues) and we hope you will bring more of your ideas up in the future!
Take care and enjoy your day!