DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add Spectrus Back

Vegas4K

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Vegas4K
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Make sure to read this thread before commenting, I suggested some changes in the thread to avoid the annoyances before :)

My reasonings:
- The spell made sense, there are almost no close-range spells that cover a large area while at the same time isn't an aoe, it was something that you had more control over. The close-range swipe was completely unique from the rest of the spells.
- It'd be a great buff to the transfiguration tree since it really needs one, although if it doesn't make sense to add it to that tree I understand. Although spectrus could be considered as "conjuring wind/air".

To get through the two leading arguments:
"I don't like how people spammed it"
I definitely agree but I still love the concept of the close-range swipe. I think a way around this would be adding a cooldown to spectrus but increasing the damage threshold
"It's basically the same as Vermillo"
This argument wouldn't make sense if the changes above were applied. Spectrus is already its own entity because it functions differently then Vermillo, yes they were both spammable but the general concepts of them were unique. Vermillo is direct hit, spectrus was a swipe.

What I'm trying to get at is the general style of it was completely unique and I feel like adding a certain variation (such as the alternative I suggested in the first argument) of that would add more depth to duelling styles.

Last edited:

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @RelentlessNebula!

Thank you for taking the time to create your suggestion. At this time, I'll have your suggestion be brought up to the rest of the Poltergeist team. Once your suggestion has gone through discussion and received a response, I'll send a response to you as soon as possible.

Hope you have a fantastic day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi again @RelentlessNebula!

I've returned with a response, and I'd like to inform you that this suggestion has unfortunately been declined since Spectrus was removed due to being somewhat similar to Vermillio. Despite this, however, we agree that it can be difficult when fighting mobs when using Vermillio since it's a single-shot spell, so we decided we will slightly change it to be more optimized at lower levels. This will be done sometime soon, so keep an eye out!

Thank you again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!