DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Adding more sweets! Making em' more interesting!

Yumei Fireheart

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: VetMedYumei
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Hi! I would like to suggest to add more sweets like beans, chocolates and other stuffs that the magical world can offer. (Acid pops, Bat's Blood soup, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, Blood-flavoured lollipops, Cauldron Cakes, Charm Choco, Chocoballs, Chocolate Cauldrons) Due to the copyright, these sweets name should be changed a little.

Of course adding more sweets are not enough. As adding more sweets, every sweets has different short time effects. For example if the player eats the chocolate he/she will experience a cosmetic effect that will only last for 1 minute. This can be more or less it depends to your choice.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
There actually used to be sweets - the one that springs to mind that you mentioned is the jelly beans. I don't think it had the lore term then, can't fully remember, but basically you'd get 10 jelly beans from each box and each one would give you a temporary effect. I understand why this is more difficult now, as hunger has been removed and more importance has been put on PvE, so having temporary effects from these items even if its only regeneration for a few seconds or something like that could be used to boost somebodys power in PvE easily.

However, I still would very much like to see this happen. One of my more vivid memories is sitting under a tree in Hogsend, eating a box of jelly beans and seeing what effects I'd get and considering I have relatively bad memory loss thats a pretty big deal to me. This addition would make the magical world more immersive, and also give more kids the memories of going to Honeysweets and buying sweets to rush off and eat!

Yumei Fireheart

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: VetMedYumei
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
We can ignore the hunger bar since those sweets are only for cosmetic effects. It does look fun to just chill alone or with your friends eating some sweets with cool effects in it. :D Now im trying to imagine givin out sweets to random people to make them happy and enjoy the effects. D;

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
I'd love bertie botts beans back, with the random effects/flavours.

"Droobles Best Blowing Gum" would be great too, it could spawn a "bubble" above your head and give you temporary levitation (and fall damage reduction too of course) but I imagine it'd be pretty fun to just float up into the sky for a few seconds, and in a way, I could see this being useful to escape mobs of enemies for reprieve, too. xP

I'm just crazy sh >.>

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heyo, @VetMedYumei!
Thank you for sharing your suggestion! I’ll have your suggestion be brought up to the rest of the team. We’ll discuss about it, and I’ll have a response sent to you soon!
Have a magical and amazing day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @VetMedYumei!
Sorry for the wait and thank you for your patience! After discussing your suggestion amongst the staff team, I’d like to inform you that it has been accepted, as we think this would be a good idea. Adding more items to shops around the world would fill up towns a bit more and they would be fun items to buy and have. For now, it’ll be put on hold, and we hope to implement this in the near future. Thank you for your suggestion and I hope to see you create more in the future!
Have a wonderful day!