DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Additional quest/addendum: Give first year students their cosmetic robes

GreatLordOz

Magician
Minecraft IGN: GreatLordOz
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix
One of the most commonly asked question from first year students is always "How do I get to see my robes? They don't show up!". Someone then has to explain to them that they were given gear and gear doesn't show up! I have given 100+ pairs of robes to confused players because of this issue.

It really doesn't make sense why there isn't an additional step in the first year quests when you are walking through Diagonal Lane that explains the class robes cosmetic items to a player. You are given gear from an NPC who normally sells cosmetic robes in the first place... New players want to start their years off wearing their class robes but they are "locked" behind returning to diagonal lane or stumbling upon the unmarked robe store in Hogsend.

I highly suggest giving players the plain class robes that they can dye themselves once sorted at Hogsworth.

Tang

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Tangular123
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator SPEW Store Manager Lead
Hello @GreatLordOz!!

I am beyond excited to let you know this suggestion is accepted! We understand how confusing it must be not being given visible robes, and will implement this at the end of FYE. By the end of FYE players will have access to the main world to dye their robes, and we believe this will also give them sufficient time to learn the difference between normal robes and gear.

Thank you so much, both for your suggestion and for your dedication to helping confused players with robes. If you have any more suggestions, we would love to see them!