DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Allow Labymod Voicechat

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
I know Labymod Voicechat was declined because it was incredibly difficult for moderation to moderate, but must they moderate it? Why not just make it use-at-your-own-risk, and minimize attached moderation? During the short period of Labymod Voicechat being allowed, I saw things that truly brought me to tears. I spoke to people I've never had the opportunity to before, and made new friends. I saw students hanging around in the courtyards happily chatting away, carrying on meaningful conversations that just can't be captured in text. Some of the best moments of Potterworld's community were seen then, and that is why I believe we should re-allow it.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello,

I brought your idea up to the team and unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. After much consideration, the team came to the conclusion that while we appreciate the suggestion and understand your views on the topic, this is not something we're willing to allow back on our server. Allowing players to use LabyMod VC means another place for our staff to have to moderate and if they cannot, we'll end up being blamed for any toxic or inappropriate behaviour within the LabyMod VC. We have many children on our server and we want to ensure their safety from inappropriate, toxic or topics otherwise not allowed within our community. Additionally, due to how LabyMod VC works, it would be impossible to moderate our many locations on our map. As such, we will be declining this suggestion and direct you to other types of VC in place of LabyMod VC instead.

Once again, thank you so much for making a suggestion though! We greatly appreciate it!

Charcole

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColeTheCapybara
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Hi,
I'm not sure what the rules are on replying to a suggestion that has already been declined, but I thought I'd put forward my two cents.

HiveMC, a PG / family friendly server with an average of over 1000 players before the closure of their Java server, allowed LabyVC.

The reason was, LabyVC comes with a solid reporting system as well as the ability to mute other players. Labymod has a structured moderation team and deals with each case very well. I know because I used Labymod on Hive for over 1000 hours. Players who are reported and dealt with have their ability to speak on LabyVC taken away. And furthermore, muting players is extremely easy. All someone has to do is middle-click on a player and drag their mouse to "report or mute in voice chat". If they don't want to report them, they just click mute. Otherwise, they can report and it'll mute them client-side automatically.

Point being, a use at your own risk is, in my opinion, reasonable, as players can easily handle situations themselves.

Last edited: