DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

An Idea For Brooms

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
There's a lot of situations that can make you want to change the speed of your broom. If you're travelling far distances you'd want a fast one, but if you just want to simple fly up and land on a tree you'd want a slower broom for more control. My idea is to kind of change the speed on the brooms, but they each have a max speed they can go up to. This is how I'm thinking each broom could work.

Briskbranch: I think that this broom should be left the same speed (8 meters/second) since it can't really get any slower.

Solarsweep 100: Its max speed is 12 meters/second, but you can lower it to 8.

Apollo 5000: Its max speed is 14 meters/second, but you can go down to 12, and you can go down to 8.

Scarlet Nebulas: Max speed is 17 meters/second, and it can go down to 14, 12, or 8

Thunderflash- Max speed=20 meters per second (can lower to 17,14,12, or 8)

You still need to upgrade to increase the speed, but you can lower your broom to however you want. I feel like this would make sense because you need to merge a broom with the other materials to make a better broom, so it should include the old broom's speed as well. This idea will overall increase the quality of flying, and players won't have to buy a Briskbranch to go along with their Thunderflash since the Thunderflash is too fast.

How would it look? I'm thinking when you are flying your broom a bar (like a health bar) sits there, and you can touch certain points to change the speed, and some of the points are locked to certain brooms.

I hope you consider this suggestion! It sounds like something fun to be added into the game, and would make gameplay much easier. I'm sorry if this is confusing; it is hard to word what I'm thinking so please let me know if you need me to explain anything!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Adjusting broom speeds would definitely be useful if you're a player who's helping out a new player, that has a Briskbranch or Solarsweep, so you can fly alongside with them instead of speeding forward and flying back again so they don't lose sight of you.
I think adjusting the speed could be done through having the player crouch and right clicking their broom a couple times whilst a message in chat shows the broom speed being updated.

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Adjusting broom speeds would definitely be useful if you're a player who's helping out a new player, that has a Briskbranch or Solarsweep, so you can fly alongside with them instead of speeding forward and flying back again so they don't lose sight of you.
I think adjusting the speed could be done through having the player crouch and right clicking their broom a couple times whilst a message in chat shows the broom speed being updated.
I never thought of how it would affect helping players in a positive way! I completely agree with you.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
Too much button pressing if you miss your desired speed. What if the broom had a menu just like the wand does.
Press 1 2 3 4 5 to select your desired speed.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Yellow_Flower!!

Thank you for your suggestion. I am now going to bring it up to the rest of the Poltergeist team to discuss this further. Once a decision has been made by our leads, I will return with a response for you! So keep an eye out on this thread B) Once again, thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent:

Micah Cresswell

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Hacim4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf
I never thought about this! I would love this! :D

Tameeko

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Tameeko
Honeybadger
There's a lot of situations that can make you want to change the speed of your broom. If you're travelling far distances you'd want a fast one, but if you just want to simple fly up and land on a tree you'd want a slower broom for more control. My idea is to kind of change the speed on the brooms, but they each have a max speed they can go up to. This is how I'm thinking each broom could work.

Briskbranch: I think that this broom should be left the same speed (8 meters/second) since it can't really get any slower.

Solarsweep 100: Its max speed is 12 meters/second, but you can lower it to 8.

Apollo 5000: Its max speed is 14 meters/second, but you can go down to 12, and you can go down to 8.

Scarlet Nebulas: Max speed is 17 meters/second, and it can go down to 14, 12, or 8

Thunderflash- Max speed=20 meters per second (can lower to 17,14,12, or 8)

You still need to upgrade to increase the speed, but you can lower your broom to however you want. I feel like this would make sense because you need to merge a broom with the other materials to make a better broom, so it should include the old broom's speed as well. This idea will overall increase the quality of flying, and players won't have to buy a Briskbranch to go along with their Thunderflash since the Thunderflash is too fast.

How would it look? I'm thinking when you are flying your broom a bar (like a health bar) sits there, and you can touch certain points to change the speed, and some of the points are locked to certain brooms.

I hope you consider this suggestion! It sounds like something fun to be added into the game, and would make gameplay much easier. I'm sorry if this is confusing; it is hard to word what I'm thinking so please let me know if you need me to explain anything!
This sounds like a really good idea!

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello again @Yellow_Flower !!

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been denied. We do not feel that implementing broom speed selections at this time will be beneficial for most players. There are different brooms that players can craft to get the different speeds, and we worry it is not very immersive to be able to change speeds on one broom. Hopefully this is understandable.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion, We really appreciate it! I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent:

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin