DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Attendance class

zazi

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: zazi007
Honeybadger
New way to attendance classes in potterworld.

Instead of joining classes and challenges thru the chat you now need to go with your legs (amazing isn't it?) or broom (why wouldn't we use magical objects we are literally wizardins and witches) to the specific class that you are trying to attend by clicking an NPC (specific professor in that class (not the real person who is teaching in that class but the NPC that is standing in that class for quests and stuff) or a new NPC for classes that will stand there and tp you to that class if there is one that is going on and if not it will tell when is the next class in that subject will be. Or a new one just for that specific class that is going on (sounds a little bit dumb but ok))/sit in a chair in that class (ofc it wouldn't happen in challenges)/walk on the first block of that class.

For example professor zazi (sounds great ;D) announced that there is a surprise potions class coming in 15 minutes (longer reminder to let everyone prepare for the class), now players will have to go down to the dungeons and enter the potions class by doing one of the three ways I have mentioned before.

As for challenges, I have two ideas.
1. Is by going to the ruined courtyard/ courtyard and there you will have a new NPC that works just like the one in the classes (tp you to that class if there is one that is going on and if not it will tell when is the next class in that subject will be.)

2. Or the same thing in the great hall or near it.

Best regards,
zazi (no capital z : D)

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Magician
Minecraft IGN: spaghettisliert3
Auralock Raven
I really like your idea zazi. Personally, I'd love if this would be implemented in the server. :)

However, I think this idea has already been suggested in the past. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the staff have not implemented this because it brings along some problems. One of these I can come up with, is that new players have difficulties navigating through the castle. Some classes are really hard to find, or have no classroom at all.
Also, the way the class-joining-system works now, people all over the map can easily join them. With your idea, many players would be forced to leave their journey in the map to travel to Hogsworth in order to participate.

zazi

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: zazi007
Honeybadger
I think this idea has already been suggested in the past.[/QUOTE said:
I searched it but didn't find it, maybe when staff will answer they will tell me if so.
new players have difficulties navigating through the castle. Some classes are really hard to find or have no classroom at all.[/QUOTE said:
I have thought about that and came out with an idea to Scarlett that if u click a place like a honeybadger common room, particles will lead me to it (the same thing as the one that was in the room of hidden things with that necklace).

As for classes without class, the NPC can be placed next to the class schedule board.
[/QUOTE=Also, the way the class-joining-system works now, people all over the map can easily join them. With your idea, many players would be forced to leave their journey on the map to travel to Hogsworth in order to participate.[/QUOTE]
yep, I thought of this idea so classes will be more realistic. it can be a problem I know.

"Sorry for the quote thing being weird it's my first time using it and I have no idea how."

Last edited:

Mekala

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mekala_
Honeybadger Auralock
Hi @zazi!

Thanks so much for your suggestion! We are always looking for ideas to improve the server. Unfortunately, this thread has been declined for the following reasons. While we can see how it would be nice and aid the rp aspect of classes, we think it would cause to many other gameplay and convenience issues.
It's really difficult to find your way around Hogsworth, especially for newer players, so players might not be able to attend classes due to this. Players also might be inconvenienced if they are trying to do other quests/tasks or their warp is on a cooldown and aren't be able to get to the class npc/location before it is full. Or they get to class, but were in the middle of a quest and have to travel all the way back to where they were before because they went to class.
There is also the issue of having a huge crowd around the NPC of players trying to click it and struggling with it. We used to have signs to join classes when the server had a lot less players but got rid of them for these reasons.

We look forward to seeing more suggestions from you in the future. Have a fantastic day!