DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Backpacks

Neno

New Magician
There is so many items in potterworldmc! There is food items, profession items, special items, cosmetic items , books , mob loots and more ! Sometimes your inventory become clumsy and your enderchest is full. I think backpack would be a great addition to the game! And yes, I am aware of the existence of chest . A backpack will be more so useful in events and stuff . Thanks for reading !

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
Although I think the idea of a backpack is really cute, I think the beaded handbag/enderchest that players are given acts as a backpack already, so I don't think there would be much use for this item! Also, there are lots of options for storage in the server. Apart from your enderchest, you can also buy chests as you stated, or rent a vault for 16g in the bank vaults. However, bank vaults can sometimes be buggy and wipe all of your items. Therefore, although I like this idea a lot I don't think backpacks would be of much use to players as there are lots of storage methods already available on the server.

EDIT: I actually am gonna change my opinion on this suggestion. Before Revelius, I don't think backpacks were really necessary as the only ingredients we had on the server were for professions, and professions was optional. Now as Revelius has come around, I completely support the idea of backpacks and I can't wait for them to be introduced! There are so many different ingredients and items now for quests and gear, so I think the addition of backpacks would be great :)

Last edited:

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings Neno,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bringing it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I remember a backpack system was teased shortly after the exploration update came out 2 years ago, but it was never implemented. I still think it was necessary though, as the profession ingredients given by chests were, and still are, far too much to carry around, even including the beaded handbag. We'll have to see how it plays out with Revelius...

Posie Cherie

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Annatastic
Dark Follower Raven
I support this idea alot! I believe that a backpack can be useful in various ways, especially with profession ingredients they can be organized much better and easier. Not to mention that chests are quite expensive and not that many players can afford a lot of chests to keep all the items.

OPSlytherin

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: OPSlytherin
Serpent
I was just playing on the server and I had the same idea of a backpack. So I wanted to see if there was already a suggestion about it and there was. My view on backpacks is it would be so helpful to have an item that you can store other items. Yes I do know about the ender chest but I don't know if it is just me but I use the ender chest/beaded handbag for important items for utility items. For example, I store my instruments, Rememberball, Enchanted Newspaper, Quest Journal, ad things like that. But when it comes down to the items that get throughout the time your online like ingredients, books from classes, and foods your inventory piles up quickly. And in regards to what others have said about buying chest or the bank vaults, there are times when I'm playing and I need an item I don't want to go to my housing and then back to the place I was, same with the Bank vaults. And let's just recognize when new players join they start collecting a lot of things and they don't have the gold to purchase all the chest they want or all that bank vaults. Recently I have a lot of ingredients in chest at my housing that was taking up space so I went to sell it in the Wilderness, but I had to make multiple trips back and forth. And now with the Revelius Update on its way players will be traveling/exploring a lot more and I think it is obvious to say they'll be collecting items for quest and other things and will not be having the time to go to store your loot somewhere. I realize I typed a lot and I really wasn't expecting to say this much about a single topic, so whoever sees this really think about it and if you agree with this then say something. If you think I posted this for no real reason thanks for reading to the end of this post.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
guys i was thinking would be very good to have the portkeys whit 2 function after revelius
right click: (tp you to your selected location)
left click: (open a backpack (little chest))

Last edited:

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I think this would be really great! Having small bags for the professions would be a great and realistic way to manage store issues both in and out of the vaults. You could even load a herbology bag and throw that in the vault which would normally be a whole chest worth's of items on its own is now one slot. Wizards are known for their expansive storage and with gear crafting coming, this could be easily implemented on the front end side. Hopefully the developers pick this up and run with it!

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings Neno,

Once again, thank you for your suggestion! We're always looking for suggestions and feedback that can help us make Potterworld a better place, and we appreciate you bringing your idea forward!

I’ve brought up your idea up with the team and we like it! We think that having backpacks would be a great idea with Revelius, and we're looking into different ways to make this work. While this won't be implemented straight away, you can expect to see this released in the future. Again, thank you for the suggestion and we hope that you submit more ideas in the foreseeable future!

Best regards,
Garrison

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hii @Neno !

This has officially been completed and implemented with the release of our various backpacks! In order to obtain the backpacks, simply speak to Bizbo in front of the Great Hall.

Thank you once again for creating this suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!