DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Barrier blocks at housing!

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hi amazing people!

So I had this idea, where we could have barrier blocks at housings! I think this would be really nice with the new items that you use with item frames.

With beds, barrier blocks could be used so that you don't walk through the bed but rather can stand on. And with others, it would help things like signs and such!

What do you guys think of this idea?

I hope you all have a magical day! <3
-Cate

Sof

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: oldromantics
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I personally would like barrier blocks, but I feel like this idea is better in theory than it would be practically. Barrier blocks can be easily taken advantage of and, although they’re helpful for building, I have no doubt that they’ll be abused in some way. There’s a lot of things barriers would be nice for though I think the cons outweigh the pros.

I’ve found lots of ways to use the item frame items without needing barriers! I know that’s one of the main reasons barriers could be helpful, so a possible second option rather than barriers would be examples/more practical guides on how to use item frames and coordinating items c:

Feyre

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: CruelDuarte
Dark Follower Griffin SPEW
I think Sofia is right all though it would be very nice to be able to use these barrier locks in housing in theory, there are certain reasons why it currently can't be used at housing. A similar suggestion on adding barrier blocks to mine depot was previously rejected where they explain why. link to the other suggestion

Sinelius

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sinelius
Honeybadger
I think this idea was rejected earlier sadly. But regarding beds you can put slabs and that way solve your problem. Plus you can sit on them after doing that! 😊

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Yeah - I'd love barrier blocks in the Mine Depot! But it wouldn't be practical. Also, there are certain staff members and ex-staff members who have Barriers (I believe they're something like a reward?? Idk I never been staff!) and it would take away from the fact that their ones are special. This is also the case with beacons - they'd be nice to be added to the Mine Depot, but apparently they slow down server performance (or something along those lines), and also some staff have got them (darkatflash specifically has like 20 lmao).

In the case for beds, you can use slabs like Sinelius said. Or, if you have any default beds you can use those. It shows a little bit of the red at the sides, but it's not a flat block so in some ways it looks better - also do that with couches if you can, it just shows the legs of the bed (similar to how the Chrous Plant looks).

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Well yes this is a duplicate of another suggestion I have always liked this idea. Especially if they were absurdly expensive (500-2k) the kind of abuse people think could happen wouldn't. If it would cost 100k to buy 50 then the kind of troll mazes and other nonsense just wouldn't happen

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Well yes this is a duplicate of another suggestion I have always liked this idea. Especially if they were absurdly expensive (500-2k) the kind of abuse people think could happen wouldn't. If it would cost 100k to buy 50 then the kind of troll mazes and other nonsense just wouldn't happen
yeah but i'd be the stupid one to spend my every penny on these lmao

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hello!

So as already mentioned, this idea has actually already been suggested here. That suggestion was unfortunately declined as there would be too many complications with it. In order for players to be able to mine barrier blocks, custom tech would be required and would need to be developed. Another issue is that the only way for people to be able to see the block itself is if they were in creative which is just not possible for housings.

We really appreciate your idea, but we just are not able to implement it for these reasons. I am going to go ahead and mark this thread as a duplicate now. Feel free to bring up any other ideas you have in the future and have a wonderful day!