DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Be able to skip new player intro

I feel like it should be available as an option to skip the new player introduction process, to have the option to go straight to the sorting hat with all supplies auto added into inventory like the wand that you have to get from dragon alley. I know alot of casual players on the server uses an alt for some sort of reason. It should be an option to have to go through that process or skip at the beginning droobledore.

How it would work is the player has two options "start tutorial" or "skip tutorial" in a menu from the starting droobledore. If skip tutorial it adds all the needed items into the players inventory through the command issued and puts them directly in front of the sorting hat in the great hall.

Last edited:

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
I don't think that this is a good idea because it would only cause more issues in the future after the player gets sorted. If newcomers have issues with their quest, they are more than welcome to reach out to staff and the staff team would be able to lead them along and give them clues, and I feel like it's a nice experience that has really cool aspects in it.

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
I personally think it's a good way to introduce players to the tech Pottwerworld uses and how quests and things are laid out. If players are just put in the Great Hall with no direction whatsoever, it would be confusing and cause even more problems. Staff do their best to help players, and any questions/bugs reported help us improve the starting quest and the server overall. It's best to catch problems and answer questions earlier so there isn't as much confusion in the future.

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
To add on, there are many good reasons we as staff members keep the starting quest. I am not allowed to disclose anything since it is staff-only information, but just know it is a crucial part of the server. If we were to take it away, the server would be a lot more hectic.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @oakstanner! Thank you for leaving your suggestion on the forums, it is very appreciated. It allows us to implement ideas and feedback from the player base, so we bring more magic to Potterworld! I will bring your suggestion up to my fellow Poltergeists, so we can discuss it before we bring it up to the relevant team.

We will update you as soon as possible once a decision has been reached.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out. Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @oakstanner,

I'm pleased to inform you that the suggestion has been accepted, but not in the way it was originally brought up.

We feel that having an option to skip the tutorial would be extremely helpful for players who are resetting and do not want to have to go through the introduction again. However, we will not be adding this option for new accounts/players who join the server. While we understand why it was suggested this way (for alternative accounts), we feel that new players may accidentally skip the tutorial and end up being confused trying to play on Potterworld. This being said, we will be looking into a way for the tutorial to be skipped if a player has reset!

Once completed, we will update the status of the thread, so be on the lookout!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to us and I wish you a wonderful day :)