DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Better Doors!

LMNJ

New Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: LMNJ
Dark Follower Staff Serpent Vampire Werewolf DD Editor
Hey there! I have a suggestion that came from one of my friends to improve the door mechanics. Whether it's within your housing or throughout the entire game world, this idea can be a game-changer:

Imagine this scenario: Player1 enters Player2's housing and inadvertently, or on purpose, leaves all the doors in their mansion wide open. Later, when Player2 logs in, they find themselves faced with the hassle of manually closing all those doors. It's a common issue I've encountered multiple times, and it can be quite frustrating.

Sure, there's the option to "turn off doors for visitors," but that would mean constantly toggling it on and off when you have guests over, which is inconvenient. So, here's where my idea comes in:

Automatic doors that automatically close after 5 seconds of being opened. This would give players enough time to enter the room they're going into without causing annoyance to others.

Moreover, this feature would also enhance the realism of the game outside of housing. For instance, picture Player1 entering the Hogsend Store, and the door is already open from a previous player, which breaks the immersive experience. But with the 5-second auto-closing doors, the doors in these snowy towns would always remain shut, making the game's realistic point of view even better.

I believe implementing this concept could greatly improve player experiences and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Allandrk

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Allandrk
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Poltergeist
If the server updates to 1.16 in the PW 2.0 update there would be a wider range of pressure plates, maybe that is an easier fix for the doors in your mansion than a whole new system for doors to close in a certain amount of time. Also doors closing all the time would be a pain for chest/reputation runs.

LMNJ

New Magician
Staff
If the server updates to 1.16 in the PW 2.0 update there would be a wider range of pressure plates, maybe that is an easier fix for the doors in your mansion than a whole new system for doors to close in a certain amount of time. Also doors closing all the time would be a pain for chest/reputation runs.
True but users can still open the door without touching the pressure plates

Allandrk

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Allandrk
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Poltergeist
True but users can still open the door without touching the pressure plates
You would still have to walk through it, if a player’s goal is just to annoy you they have to really put efford into having all doors open because they have to get through anyway lol.

LMNJ

New Magician
Staff
You would still have to walk through it, if a player’s goal is just to annoy you they have to really put efford into having all doors open because they have to get through anyway lol.
Well someone keeps doing it to me 💀💀 that's why I made this post

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hiya, @LMNJ

I have arrived with some sad news. Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. Creating a system for this purpose would be more effort than we feel it would be worth. Additionally, players are able to place down pressure plates that serve a similar purpose!

Nevertheless, thank you for your suggestion, we really appreciate it.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night!