DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Book Suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis_Carstairs

Head of Technology
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Alexstrasza14
Staff Head Staff Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
Oooh just remembered a few more good ones
The Little Prince
Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen (one of my faves)
Between the Lines - Jodi Picoult (very cute book)
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy - Douglas Adams (Do I need to say anything else)
The Bluest Eye - Toni Morrison
Agatha Christie, just anything by her
Robert Langdon series by Dan Br own (Da Vinci Code and such)

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Omg me too Honey! I'm loving the series so far and would recommend it to anyone who likes apocalyptic stories.

I suggest reading Mortal Engines and the other books in its world. It's a great post apocalyptic book series about how society evolves after a nuclear war by turning cities into weapons.

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
Anyone mentioned Phillip Pullmans "Dark Materials" trilogy yet? If not, I highly suggest it, they are fantastic imo, and really make me wish daemons existed in our world.. (not demons, but daemons, if you have read the books you will know what I mean)

Also, Terry Pratchett's discworld books are well worth looking into, they mix magic and adventure and all such stuff with nonsense and hilarity and I love them. My favorites are Reaper Man and Soul Music.

Alexis_Carstairs

Head of Technology
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Alexstrasza14
Staff Head Staff Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
Anyone mentioned Phillip Pullmans "Dark Materials" trilogy yet? If not, I highly suggest it, they are fantastic imo, and really make me wish daemons existed in our world.. (not demons, but daemons, if you have read the books you will know what I mean)

Also, Terry Pratchett's discworld books are well worth looking into, they mix magic and adventure and all such stuff with nonsense and hilarity and I love them. My favorites are Reaper Man and Soul Music.
Omg yes yes yes to Terry Pratchett. Sadly haven't read the His Dark Materials books yet (I am going to) but I have heard they're really good and I'm so excited for the show.

imortalarcher

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ImortalArcher
Griffin
If you like a challenge and also an insanely well build world with lore beyond imagination. Read Lord of the Rings!
Once you get into middle earth there is so much to learn, i mean, he wrote entirely new languages! I am currently in the Silmarilionwhich is the creation and history of middle earth and I am loving it!

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
Omg! I've got so many books:

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Lady of Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau

Most of these books I consider to be Adventure/Thriller but I find them to be cozy sit with a cup of coffee by the fire books. My top 3 would have to be Passenger, Twilight and City of Ember! I definitely recommend checking these books out at your local library.

Syster

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SysterTM
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I definitely suggest The Sorcerer's Ring by Morgan Rice. It's a series of 17 books, a bit of magic, knights, dragons...

VenomOnMyTongue

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Venom_88
Honeybadger Phoenix
I definitely, 100% suggest reading the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. Amazing series that you can’t stop reading once you start. I personally love the author’s writing style, you can really picture all the scenes well. Adventure and thriller for sure.

Gracelyn

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: graceelyn
Dark Follower Griffin VIP Werewolf Jr. Builder SPEW
i have no idea how i missed this thread. BUT my recommendations of some of my favourites are;
  • the inheritance cycle series
  • the hobbit series / the lord of the rings series
  • the percy jackson series [already mentioned but it's good]
  • the skulduggery pleasant series

Chronotix

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Chronotix
Raven
Ishamel - Daniel Quinn (Changed my life)
House of Leaves - Mark Danielewski (Crazy Book)
The Seventh Tower Series (Garth Nix) (Fantasy)
The Road - Cormac McCarthy (Dystopian)

Status
Not open for further replies.