DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Bring Back Divindo

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
The most used spell pre-revelius in dueling.

I know there's probably a really good reason why it was thrown away in dueling but I highly recommend that we reconsider and try to bring it back.

I'm also aware that Vermillio does exactly now what Divindo used to do, but vermillio is a very low cooldown spam spell that's pretty much only used by year 1s and 2s and does very little damage. Divindo can be reworked slightly to be distinct from Vermillio (or the other way around) while also getting used in Graduate duels.

Last edited:

1psaonly

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: 1psaonly
Dark Follower Serpent
I know that potterworld was trying to differentiate utility spells and combat spells by completely separating combat and utility spells, however i did like the aspect of some spells being on both sides of the venn diagram. i think that adding this overlap again would really improve my gameplay immersion, since i dont believe anything is ever completely black or white. however, it might be hard to implement this with the skill point system. i think that this would be up to the staff, and i also think that they will not accept this suggestion. i would enjoy it though, because big changes are always hard to learn after long breaks!

corainth

Magician
Minecraft IGN: mothie_
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
honestly I agree. I used to join duelling classes and do quite a bit of pve pre-revelius, and divindo was one of my favorite spells. vermillio may be an alternative to it now, but how often do you actually use divindo for its utility purpose? there's more potential for it with the spell system we have in place now. I think it's a very fun damage spell mechanically, visually, and lore-wise and should be able to be used in combat again.

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya @Salmandingo! Thank you so much for coming forward with your suggestion! We truly appreciate suggestions from both staff and players. I will bring up your idea with the other poltergeists and we will discuss it further. I will get back to you with an answer after that occurs. Have a wonderful day!

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and once again thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined as we feel this would not be a good change for the spell. We feel that players might want this to return more for the reason we used to have it and not that it should be reverted back. The spell originally was used as a filler and the way it is now relates a lot more to the canon version of it.

We look forward to seeing more suggestions from you in the future!

zZalt

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: za1ty
Staff Serpent Werewolf Arithmancer
Hello and once again thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined as we feel this would not be a good change for the spell. We feel that players might want this to return more for the reason we used to have it and not that it should be reverted back. The spell originally was used as a filler and the way it is now relates a lot more to the canon version of it.

We look forward to seeing more suggestions from you in the future!
I have to disagree on the canon version part, if you look at the wiki it says it can cause injury or even death, any spell that can cause death should be a damaging spell if we are talking about being close to canon :)