DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Broom Recipe Drops

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Is it just me or does it seem the higher level the mob is, the more likely it is to drop a broom recipe that gives a high value broom? I have killed a lot of lvl 35 Hobgoblins and a lot of lvl 71 unicorns and in the AT LEAST 20 broom recipes I have gotten from each I have never gotten a Briskbranch recipe from a unicorn while it seems half the recipes I get from hobgoblins are Briskbranches. I asked a staff member and they said the drop rates were the same; I was curious if any of you notice this kind of difference or I have very strange luck.

PS: I didn't know which forum section to put this in but considering I am asking for your help and I have a question about the server I thought Help and Support was the best place.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hey @luckiestblock

What you may not have noticed is that there are actually 5 different broom recipe items. They have the exact same name, lore and texture, but there's one for each of the latter 5 year "layers". This means that hobgoblins and unicorns drop a different broom recipe item.

The difference between these items, as you guessed, is their rarity rate. A broom recipe from a graduate mob is much more likely to give you a fireflash recipe than a broom recipe from a year 4 mob.

I don't believe this knowledge is very commonly known; I noticed because 2 broom recipes I had didn't stack, and Deniz was kind enough to explain it to me, but I haven't seen a lot of people talk about it.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Hey @luckiestblock

What you may not have noticed is that there are actually 5 different broom recipe items. They have the exact same name, lore and texture, but there's one for each of the latter 5 year "layers". This means that hobgoblins and unicorns drop a different broom recipe item.

The difference between these items, as you guessed, is their rarity rate. A broom recipe from a graduate mob is much more likely to give you a fireflash recipe than a broom recipe from a year 4 mob.

I don't believe this knowledge is very commonly known; I noticed because 2 broom recipes I had didn't stack, and Deniz was kind enough to explain it to me, but I haven't seen a lot of people talk about it.
Thanks for telling me this, I had no idea, though it kinda felt like there was some unknown trickery to it. You are right, no one talks/knows about that, several staff members I talked to told me I was just lucky. Once again thanks for answering my question.