DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Bug Fixes & Improvements [June 15th 2020]

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW

Greetings witches and wizards! I bring you another patch notes post! It looks like a lot of you enjoy getting notified of these updates, so I’ll be continuing with that!

Today's patch note is pretty small, not many big bug fixes, but we update you on what we have been working on behind the scenes for Revelius at the end of the patch notes!

General Updates:
  • We made the queueing for minigames scoreboard prettier. It also now shows how many players are in the queue.
  • We fixed mob loot flying away if the mob is killed on a grass path block
  • If you have an item in your off hand, hold shift, and right click in the air, it will no longer open /me
  • We made the icons for abandoning a quest more consistent with our other icons.
  • We switched the trade request item’s place with the add friend friend one. A lot of you were apparently adding friends on accident hehe

Housing:
  • Added /h as an alias for /house -- yay!
  • Clay blocks will now drop the clay block instead of clay balls
  • Players are no longer able to block white stained glass with a silktouch pickaxe. We realized that two sceneries have this block above the plot itself, which allowed players to get it an infinite amount, essentially for free.
  • It’s now possible to turn off /house fly
  • Fixed getting glitched when getting teleported from the void
  • And new items & blocks have been added to the mine depot!
    • Red & Brown Mushrooms (for flower pot)
    • Coarse Dirt
    • Ice (it'll drop the ice instead of water)
    • Soulsand
    • Enchantment Table
Minigames:
  • We’ve reworked the way we handle our scoreboards. This allows for a lot more control and customization, which is super exciting!

Spell Wars:
  • Fixed typo for the spell wars broom
  • Spell Wars scoreboard has been completely reworked! It now consists of a countdown for when the chests are being restocked, and the map name.
  • Fixed spells not being added to your wand if it’s in your off-hand

Revelius Development Update:
We’re actively working on Revelius! Here’s what we’ve been working on:

For years Potterworld’s mob spawning has been reliant on a third party plugin, but with Revelius, we’re switching our spawners to be 100% custom! This should be faster, but it also gives us so many more options.. We can spawn different mobs based on your level.. or we can spawn mobs if you’re only on a specific quest.. or we can spawn mobs if you have a specific permission. We can also spawn mobs based on the time of day. It’s also so much easier to set up and maintain.

We also (luckily) realized that the way we had set up our gear was a bit inefficient and with 5 players, the servers would already begin lagging. We have reworked this system completely, and have been seeing so many improvements! Glad we caught that before release!

Thank you everyone! I hope you enjoy these changes and I hope we see you in game! :D

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
We’ve reworked the way we handle our scoreboards. This allows for a lot more control and customization, which is super exciting!
Does this mean that the amount of snidgets caught by a seeker on Quabbleball can be added to the Scoreboard? That would be nice. Also nerf snidget points while you're at it. Thanks.

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW
Does this mean that the amount of snidgets caught by a seeker on Quabbleball can be added to the Scoreboard? That would be nice. Also nerf snidget points while you're at it. Thanks.
Yes! We're however currently having an issue with that repository, so we're unable to push any changes to it for the time being :( Hopefully soon, though (after Revelius)!

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
pog

We also (luckily) realized that the way we had set up our gear was a bit inefficient and with 5 players, the servers would already begin lagging. We have reworked this system completely, and have been seeing so many improvements! Glad we caught that before release!

no joke that would have been really bad but also kinda funny no cap