DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Bug Fixes & Improvements [June 6th 2020]

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW
Hey everyone!

We’ve been spending a lot of time working on Revelius and making sure everything is ready for the release! We managed to spend time to fix a few bugs on housing and the server in general.

Housing
  • You can now only remove mailboxes that are on your housing plot. This prevents the dupe glitch where players could just continuously enable the new scenery and get a new mailbox (which is kinda really smart!)
  • We’ve turned /list into /house list
  • /house elf can now only be moved by the house owner, for now.
  • When you enter the void, you will no longer receive that 1 tick of damage.
  • Iron doors have been added to the mine depot :)
  • Alohomora has been disabled on housing to prevent dupe glitches with the iron door

We did this a while ago, but worth mentioning too!
  • Allow emotes & warp key bag to be used on housing, even if magic is disabled.
  • Disable comparators for real, and allow pressure plates, doors, buttons & levers to be used.

General tweaks
  • Fixed up /pet spawn message
  • You can now mail RABBIT_FOOT and EMERALD items (hogwarts crest & the gold item)
  • Fixed up a grammar mistake when you set the gold amount in a trade
  • You will now be told how long you’re muted for if you are muted and you attempt to chat.
  • You will now receive a title and a few more messages when you get muted. This should catch player’s attention a bit more.
  • Fixed a bug where if you hold shift + right click on a new player that had a white tag, it would say ‘null’
  • Fixed another bug where if you shift + right clicked on a player, their prefix wouldn’t be colored

This is more back-end, and it won’t affect anyone, but for the sake of transparency, I wanna delve a bit into it. For a lot of years now, the server has always run using a plugin called Essentials. Essentials is one of the most used Minecraft plugins, and it has a lot of fancy commands that makes our life easier. However, because it’s another plugin, the customization is restricting, which is why we have been working on implementing a lot of the commands and functionality into our own plugin. This is a time consuming task, but we believe the end result will be totally worth it! This should be slightly more efficient for the server as well, but it probably won’t be a noticeable change. Again, this won’t affect any of you but for the sake of transparency, I wanted to put it out there :)

That’s it from me today! I hope you enjoy this tiny update. Stay safe everyone!