DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Bug Fixes & Improvements [September 30th 2020]

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW

Greetings everyone!

We've invested some time into some quality of life implementations and fixing a few bugs that have been here for quite a while.

Tweaks & Fixes
  • You can now use /gear [name] to view a player’s gear items.
  • This is also available in the shift + right click menu.
  • Crafting benches will no longer open if you’re holding shift - woo, you can finally remove them!
  • You can no longer keep class items by putting them in your off hand.
  • Daylight cycle should now be fixed! It’s no longer permanently night. We apologize for how long this has taken us to fix.
  • Minigame queue now uses a boss bar instead of a scoreboard, the bar progress will change depending on how many players are queued. We’ll be changing this boss bar’s texture to look prettier so it ends up working really well with it.
  • Each item in /games now has the amount of players queued for it in its amount.
    2 players are queued for spell wars, so it displays 2 items: https://prnt.sc/uqcvck
Coming soon:
  • Backpacks: These are items that you’ll be able to purchase for portable storage.
  • Player Scoreboards: We’re currently working on player scoreboards that display your level, year, location and balance. We have to go through all of the locations on the server and change a few things to work with this, which is why we haven’t released it yet. A sneak peak of the scoreboard can be viewed here, and yes, it will be toggleable. This is only the first iteration of it though, and we might add a lot more to it in the future when we get more time to do so.

That's it for this time! Something that I always like to remind you guys is that just because you don't see a lot of these posts from us, doesn't mean we aren't working hard at adding and fixing things. :) We spent countless of hours trying to investigate and fix the issues that were occurring with e.g. items disappearing from cooking them. We still haven't fixed it properly yet, but it's just an example of where something that seems simple, has taken us such a long time. :)

We hope you enjoy this update though! I'll make a new post like this soon when we release the player scoreboards :D

1psaonly

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: 1psaonly
Dark Follower Serpent
omg thank you for this gameplay update! i feel like having proper day night cycles really improves my immersion! i also love how i can view gear a lot better now! i super duper cant wait for player scoreboard to appear, i feel like htat would really improve our connections together as a community! I cant wait for lootbags, they sound just like something like a backpack, shulkerbox, or enderchest, i think its super duper good idea! i already use backpacks all the time in real life, and i feel like having the potterowlrd equivelment to it in the game would really improve my gameplay imimersion! thank you for all the hard work the staff has put into the server!!! i really appreciate you all!