DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Call to all Store Traders... [The New Value of Gold]

What is the Value of Gold? (Per Dollar) Please state more precise amounts in comments!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
So, in recent days I have been speaking with people in the community about store trades, and what I will say in this will surely have a mixed reaction.

It's clearly evident, the update to Revelius has added are larger flow of gold into the Server. My own example is pre-Revelius I struggled to keep my balance over 40k. Since I have come back (for 2 weeks) after a 3 month break prior to Revelius I have made over 300k Gold and spent a great deal too!

Completing all of the quests will earn a player 130k Gold in total, and hundreds of new people join the server every day. Although they wont be completing all the quests that day - that is still thousands of gold a day coming on to the server, not even counting all the days prior to this one!

A Thunderflash, when buying all the recipes and materials yourself, will cost you in excess of 78k Gold to make and then all of your gear too. When the fastest broom used to be 2000 Gold and Gold used to take a lot longer to earn. There is more money and things are more expensive, pointing only to the value of Gold has dropped in correlation with Real Life Money!

It goes without saying - 1000 Gold is no longer worth $1.

I'm really struggling to decide on how much I will be charging in future - I have been thinking 2000 Gold to the dollar - but honestly, that's generous too. I can't force anyone doing store trades to make their prices higher - but I will be changing mine regardless, whether this means I get sales or not. I would ask that anyone who does store trades, to have some value over their own hard earned cash. If everyone can earn $130 worth of Gold from doing quests, there will be no store trades ever available.
But, then again, If you want to waste your money - that's up to you. :)

Thanks,
Joe_Magus

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Since I have come back (for 2 weeks) after a 3 month break prior to Revelius I have made over 300k Gold and spent a great deal too!
47k of that is from me...

BUT IN A REAL RESPONSE TO THIS
I mean do what u want but I'll find a person for cheaper lol i aint paying 26k for that baby hipogriff pet when i can find someone for like 13k xD thats when theres NO sale but i never buy/do a store trade with anything unless theres a sale anyway..

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Yeh I get people will want to pay less, If other people who store trade want to pay $1 for 1000 Gold in this market, then that's completely their decision. But I just wanted to make it heard. Cause this 1k for 1$ "Exchange Rate" is outdated and people seem to be adhering to it as gospel! It does need looking at by all Store Traders, cause the only way it will be made equal is if all Store Traders change their rates. If people insist on only paying 1k gold for 1$ worth of items then I'm afraid I won't be the store trader for them :')

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I have been saying this since 2019. 1 USD:1000 gold imo hasn't been a thing since like 2018, but people seem stuck. IMO it was about 1.5-2k pre rev and should be 4-5k ish per USD at least post rev.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I have been saying this since 2019. 1 USD:1000 gold imo hasn't been a thing since like 2018, but people seem stuck. IMO it was about 1.5-2k pre rev and should be 4-5k ish per USD at least post rev.
Completely agree - I'm contemplating between 2k-3k per $ (I am being generous honestly)

I just don't think people will follow suit, but it's absolutely imperative, for this to work, everyone who store trades raises their prices - I don't mind a bit of competition, but your money has way more value than you're giving it if you are still store trading for 1k/$

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
1000 Gold is no longer worth $1.
I agree. The current exchange rate seems to be a rip off for the person who is spending real money at the store. I know that it's their money and they can do whatever they want, but I hate to see them getting ripped off now since Revelius has made it easier to acquire a vast amount of gold through Quests.

I have considered doing store trades before, but I just wasn't a fan of the current rate that others have been using, plus there aren't many ways to use or waste gold in the server right now to warrant needing gold from a store trade lol.

I think the rate should be between 2500g to 5000g

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I have considered doing store trades before, but I just wasn't a fan of the current rate that others have been using, plus there aren't many ways to use or waste gold in the server right now to warrant needing gold from a store trade lol.

I think the rate should be between 2500g to 5000g
Well, that's why I am here now, I felt someone had to say something and start a change or people would consistently use an outdated rate. I will add a vote to see what people think the value of Gold is!

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
For me, I find loads of people wanting to do 1k per 1$ and saying it's the "market price". I personally think the rate should be 2500g-5000g but honestly, I think players still have the mindset of "1k=1$" and most won't even consider ever going over 1.5k per 1$.

Some people tell me that they have been trying to find a store trade all day, and when I ask their gold rate, it's always under 1.3k. I think the issue is people find one person that does a store trade for that low rate and get the idea that 1k per 1$ is common or the "market price"

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Some people tell me that they have been trying to find a store trade all day, and when I ask their gold rate, it's always under 1.3k. I think the issue is people find one person that does a store trade for that low rate and get the idea that 1k per 1$ is common or the "market price"
Well it seems like there is always people looking for store trades - now more than ever for the reason we are all saying and that it's there is more gold on the server - people earn the money to get the store items way quicker. People who continue to spend 1$ or 1k gold are cutting themselves way short.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I'm leaning to 3k/$

Val agreed that 2k extra was a good amount. I want to see peoples opinions, but anyone who actually thinks that the value is still 1k/$ is kidding themselves :')

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Agree, regretted posting it but there is no remove button on here! :) sorry, but the point is made still. This came prior to people voting on the thread without even reading it's intentions also. Again apologies to Roman

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Also - the Vote seems clear that people want to continue paying 1k, so I shalln't be doing store trades and I'm afraid people are going to struggle to get them in the future.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Somewhere after Revelius, I did a store trade with someone whom I won't name, I got the sneeler pet and the thestry mount broom appearance, and I'm pretty sure I paid less than 1k/$. This was mostly due to the fact I'm friends with this person, but still.

The point is that a set "value" of dollars in terms of gold (or vice versa) is completely and utterly imaginary. A store trade is based on 2 factors: what the store trader wants to receive per dollar and what the player who wants something from the store is willing to pay for the store item. If both parties agree on a value that is below your idea of what gold is worth in terms of dollars, then nothing happens. The world doesn't implode, the server doesn't stop working, the economy isn't lost and both parties leave the store trade satisfied.

I simply don't really see a point in this thread. If a store trader wants more than the "usual" 1k/$ but a player doesn't want to pay that, then it's bad luck peanut butter, but that's on the player and not on the store trader; the store trader has every right to ask for more. However, if there are also other store traders around that do want to buy something for the 1k/$ rate, then I see no problem in that either. Overall, I think it's the store trader's responsibility what they ask for their store trade and so I think it's their responsibility to know the ins and outs of the current economy. I therefore don't think it's justified to make this thread in order to "determine" what the price for store trades should be, because quite frankly, store traders should be free to decide that for themselves.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
The point is that a set "value" of dollars in terms of gold (or vice versa) is completely and utterly imaginary. A store trade is based on 2 factors: what the store trader wants to receive per dollar and what the player who wants something from the store is willing to pay for the store item.

This thread isn't about the different values different store traders set. Its about aboloshing the outdated, stuck in its way set rate of 1k-1000 Gold - I've said multiple times throughout - I can't change what other people set their prices to, and I certainly can't change that people want to get things as cheap as they can. This is about pointing out to everyone that the value has changed and to maybe make store traders think twice about their price in future. Like I've said If people don't want to budge on their price, then that's their money and I'm not wasting mine :') I am sorry for pointing out Roman earlier, but anyone who is genuinely voting 1000-1499 isn't playing on the same server, and I'm really surprised at some of the names.

And like I said many times - yes a store trader can agree on any price, the point of the thread is to solely point out that the value of gold has dropped and that people should think twice on their price. You ask in chat, how much gold is 1$ worth and everyone shouts "1k gold" and it's just not true. So the point is to show my perspective of it in the hopes everyone else sees it. If I didn't say anything and nothing changed, I'd feel like I could of done more.

Lastly, you may not see the perspective, cause you don't store trade

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.