DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Change /link and /discord to /link <forum|discord>

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
To link to the website rn you use /link, but syncing your roles to Discord is also "linking" your accounts, so why should /link be only for the website, and Discord has it's own command?

It's quite inconsistent. My suggestion is to merge the commands into one, being /link, followed by "forum" or "discord", to link each respectively.

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I really like this idea! While they are for two different platforms, you're still going through the act of "linking." In my opinion, having the two commands merge would also make more sense for new players and even encourage them to join both the website and Discord server.
I'll share this with the Devs and see what they think. <3

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hi @Dance!

After discussing this, we came to the decision that we'll not be changing the current commands, as whilst it would be consistent, it would change something that's been the same for years and has worked well. It could also be confusing for people and it might not be clear that you need to specify "forum" or "discord" behind /link.

We have, however, added an option in /me -> Settings, that allows you to link your account to both!

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
To link to the website rn you use /link, but syncing your roles to Discord is also "linking" your accounts, so why should /link be only for the website, and Discord has it's own command?

It's quite inconsistent. My suggestion is to merge the commands into one, being /link, followed by "forum" or "discord", to link each respectively.
Someone hire this guy for polterghiest this is a HIGH quality idea