DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Change the Requirements for Content Creator Role

Llama

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: iSpitLikeALlama
Auralock Griffin Werewolf
The current requirements for the Content Creator rank are not appropriate in relation to the current player count. The average online player count of the Minecraft Server is 200 players. In order to achieve the Content Creator rank, you require 2000 subscribers/followers. Even if you posted daily content for multiple months in a row, you would most likely still not get 2000 subscribers. There aren't enough people who A) Play Potterworld, and B) Watch Youtube/Twitch. There just aren't enough people who meet both of those requirements. Potterworld made the Content Creator rank so that the people who make content on their server can be recognized, but that can't be done if no one has the rank. I know multiple channels that work really hard every day to produce videos on Potterworld. They put SO much effort into these videos, but they just don't receive enough exposure to get 2000 subscribers. I recommend the requirements be lowered MUCH lower to 200 or 300 subscribers/followers. That is still a stretch, but it is at least more realistic.

Here are the current requirements for Content Creator rank:
  • 2,000 or more legit subscribers/followers.
  • A reasonable number of views per video or stream.
  • An active channel, meaning consistent uploaded or streamed original content.
  • Channels must be gaming related and should be producing Minecraft related content.
  • A clean record on the server is recommended. Your past offenses will be looked at.
Thanks,
Llama

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
This would in no way affect me, but I agree.

The server does not have enough active players for almost anybody to quire the rank. Lowering it severely would allow more people to get the rank and recognition. I found potterworld by watching a youtube video with somebody playing the server, but they only had around 100 subs.

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hey there!

Massive apologies for taking so long to reply to this thread! We have brought up your suggestion regarding changing the requirements for the Creator role and unfortunately will be declining it. The Content Creator rank is not meant to be something that a lot of people have and that is why the requirements are at what they are. The leadership team also felt that for a rank of this purpose, the minimum requirement is already pretty low and should not be reduced anymore.

However, there are plans to potentially add an influencer program on the server which could be across multiple other platforms (Twitch, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, etc.). This program will most likely be open for more players to obtain. Even though we have decided to decline this suggestion, we really did appreciate your idea! Please feel free to create any other threads with suggestions you might have for the server and have a wonderful day!