DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Checkpoints for Parkours

Zocolat

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zocolat
Honeybadger
The Parkours on this server are really cool, but some are quite long and difficult and the fact that we sometimes have to restart them after making huge progress can be quite... annoying. If we could add checkpoints that would be awesome! For example in the quest A Future Unforetold (year 1) The parkours can be long and I got irritated that I had to start it over and over again.:cautious:

:honeybadger: Zocolat

Last edited:

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
These checkpoints are already physically built into the course. I know that this parkour in particular has been a source of frustration for newer players and personally don’t see any downside to adding tech that would tp you back to these check points to make it easier on those that aren’t as skilled in parkour especially since it’s a first year quest.

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
This is a complaint many people have. I have had to find alternate ways (NOT GLITCHES OR BUGS) other than the ones specified/blatantly laid out to complete quest parkour at certain points. This could seem 'unfair' to some people, especially those who have already done these quests; and I know the parkour is hard for a reason. However, the forums are here to help improve the server. This would be very helpful and save players a lot of time and suffering. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

arne ☾

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: tqrpiar
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lead Lore Master Lead
Going to quickly pop in my opinion on this, while I understand there's a lot of people who are not as experienced in parkour, the more you level up the more parkour you'll have to be doing, they're challenges/quests for a reason!
Neither are the parkours impossible to do so! If you finish a quest quickly that's also no fun, so I think they're very good the way they are!

Zocolat

New Magician
Honeybadger
Going to quickly pop in my opinion on this, while I understand there's a lot of people who are not as experienced in parkour, the more you level up the more parkour you'll have to be doing, they're challenges/quests for a reason!
Neither are the parkours impossible to do so! If you finish a quest quickly that's also no fun, so I think they're very good the way they are!
I get what you mean, but there's a difference between enjoying the parkour and spending literal hours on it. I enjoy doing parkour, it's fun but when it's long and you have to restart I honestly just don't want to go through with it. For example, to get into the restricted section, the library parkour is really long and maybe they should add at least one checkpoint. Not one every 2 blocks but like at a certain distance, to prevent me and other players who aren't too skilled to go mad haha.

oWoChortle

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: oWoChortle
Honeybadger
Yo! 100% agree with you Zo. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have something like checkpoints, especially when you have been able to make it really far in certain parkours, only to have to be sent back to the very beginning just because you fell. Take the library parkour- that is one LONG parkour.. with absolutely no checkpoints. I have quite literally spent days on that parkour just trying to get to the end, to no avail- despite having made it very far. I don't really get why things like the Hagrid Parkour have checkpoints while others do not. And for your point shqn, I disagree. I think it's unfair for players who are awful at parkour or struggle with it, to bar future quests from completion for them just because they aren't good in that area. While a parkour may not be impossible, for some, it may very well be because parkour isnt their strong suit. It's one thing to finish a quest quickly because it may be simplified, and another for a quest to literally be near impossible for someone who isn't good at parkour. Anyways, that's just my take on it :)

Prin_ce

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Prin_ce
Dark Follower Staff Serpent Werewolf Artworker
Yo! 100% agree with you Zo. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have something like checkpoints, especially when you have been able to make it really far in certain parkours, only to have to be sent back to the very beginning just because you fell. Take the library parkour- that is one LONG parkour.. with absolutely no checkpoints. I have quite literally spent days on that parkour just trying to get to the end, to no avail- despite having made it very far. I don't really get why things like the Hagrid Parkour have checkpoints while others do not. And for your point shqn, I disagree. I think it's unfair for players who are awful at parkour or struggle with it, to bar future quests from completion for them just because they aren't good in that area. While a parkour may not be impossible, for some, it may very well be because parkour isnt their strong suit. It's one thing to finish a quest quickly because it may be simplified, and another for a quest to literally be near impossible for someone who isn't good at parkour. Anyways, that's just my take on it :)
I spent weeks on the library parkour, hours at a time and I am still not able to get to the end. I got better, I can see that, but I honestly think I will never be able to finish it... I would love to though. After all that time I spent there I should be given that (can’t say it) key for the effort :D checkpoints would help a lot.

Last edited:

gregoryvalyrian

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: GregoryValyrian
Raven
Can I please add my frustration and ideas into this as well instead of making my own whole new thread?
Ok;
Ive lost about 2 human life hours in a game falling off of flying bricks. I don't know about you guys but 2 hours is a lot of time I'm not getting back.
It's also frustrating that I have to avoid/ quit all quests when it comes to parkour, and that's a lot of them!! I havent been able to do the winter waltz event because of this, the pink floating thingies are impossible to complete for me. And it's not that I dont try, Ive been doing gnollberg parkour for a quest for 2 hours now!!

My suggestion would be: Make it so that there is a way if people want to to skip the parkour, let them pay 250 gold or however much you think this parkour is worth for the game. But I'm unable to access a whole island and multiple quests (now the winter waltz event has 3 quests after this one that I skipped bc of parkour for example) and that just seems unfair. So the suggestion is either pay their way out, it may not sound fair but it is because the ones able to complete the parkour save themselves a bunch of gold. 2nd suggestion would be that there is a timer after you start trying that goes down, once it hits 0 and you still didnt succeed you may skip the parkour.
Checkpoints would arleady be a big addition but let me know what you think of my suggestions as well.

heyitslena

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: heyitslena
Staff Potterwatch Streamer Raven Master Arithmancer
I know this is under review, but instead of making a new thread I'd thought I post here.

I do agree with the creator of this thread, the idea of checkpoints for parkours, however, regarding the Library Parkour to get the key for the restricted section, I think it overall needs to be modified to make it a bit easier. Since it's not necessarily an event parkour but just a parkour within school that we come across of. I understand we need a challenge for it is the restricted section and we're not supposed to be in there, but this parkour was/is hard. I've been at it for probably over an hour and I haven't made much progress. I get stuck trying to jump on to the books sticking out of the bookshelves, The fences on the side of the bookcases prevent me from jumping and landing on something near them as well. I also think it's not pretty straightforward. You don't really know where to go. I don't think other floating books need to be around if it's not part of it. It's confusing. Not everyone is good at parkour. This server, as I see it, is an RPG. Parkour is just a fun add on for people to earn extra gold and should stay in mini games and events. This is just my honest opinion and hopefully you take my suggestion into consideration.

Prin_ce

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Prin_ce
Dark Follower Staff Serpent Werewolf Artworker
I know this is under review, but instead of making a new thread I'd thought I post here.

I do agree with the creator of this thread, the idea of checkpoints for parkours, however, regarding the Library Parkour to get the key for the restricted section, I think it overall needs to be modified to make it a bit easier. Since it's not necessarily an event parkour but just a parkour within school that we come across of. I understand we need a challenge for it is the restricted section and we're not supposed to be in there, but this parkour was/is hard. I've been at it for probably over an hour and I haven't made much progress. I get stuck trying to jump on to the books sticking out of the bookshelves, The fences on the side of the bookcases prevent me from jumping and landing on something near them as well. I also think it's not pretty straightforward. You don't really know where to go. I don't think other floating books need to be around if it's not part of it. It's confusing. Not everyone is good at parkour. This server, as I see it, is an RPG. Parkour is just a fun add on for people to earn extra gold and should stay in mini games and events. This is just my honest opinion and hopefully you take my suggestion into consideration.
I saw countless players trying and failing that one particular jump. I even made some kind of a training spot for that jump at my housing. It helped a lot, since it takes time to get there and fall and do it all again. But after that it just becomes harder, with another stack of books in a bookcase and other jumps. And yes, sometimes I do not know where exactly I am supposed to jump, so if I make progress (it is rare) I may just jump at a wrong book and I have to do it all again. -crying in frustration-

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again, @Zocolat!

I've returned with a response to say that this suggestion has been accepted, as we want to ensure players are able to complete parkour more easily. We have an overall goal to make parkour easier and we want to make sure it is not taking hours to complete. We understand and have heard players frustrations with some of the parkour and will be working to make this experience better. Checkpoints will not be added to every parkour, but we will be putting some on the more difficult and long ones so they are not as frustrating to do.

Thank you for making this suggestion and have a great day!

Zocolat

New Magician
Honeybadger
Hiya again, @Zocolat!

I've returned with a response to say that this suggestion has been accepted, as we want to ensure players are able to complete parkour more easily. We have an overall goal to make parkour easier and we want to make sure it is not taking hours to complete. We understand and have heard players frustrations with some of the parkour and will be working to make this experience better. Checkpoints will not be added to every parkour, but we will be putting some on the more difficult and long ones so they are not as frustrating to do.

Thank you so much!

heyitslena

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: heyitslena
Staff Potterwatch Streamer Raven Master Arithmancer
I just wanted to come in and ask if the library parkour for the resterched section is going to be updated? I'm still finding it difficult to complete. I even got my friend who is pretty good at parkour to try it and they even said it was hard. I just wanna know if it's worth it. lol

meganheylen

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: meganheylen
Honeybadger
Hiya again, @Zocolat!

any updates on this? not to be that guy that rushes things but im just curious bc havent heard anything about it