DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Chests giving exp (besides the daily activity)

Leo_S

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: LeoTheLynx
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire SPEW Lead
It is known that we have many chests around the world. They are pretty useful due the items/gold it can give. Thinking in a way to improve these chests, I suggest to ad a certain amount of exp to the chest. The same it does for gold... We can do for exp. The better is the chest, more exp it would give. This idea come while thinking in a new way to level up, avoiding the current grind killing mobs, that not all players are used to. Chests can already give a certain amount of exp right now, but it is useless for high level wizards/witches.

That's it! Thank you for your attention!

JustinS

Notable Magician
I do not agree with this. Mainly because the chests already give gold and items, and sometimes even gear. Adding XP will make them way too good. Besides, if you go to /me to your daily quests, you get XP for opening certain amounts of chests.

Palindrome

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: bluecherub
Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix DD Editor DD Producer
Fun fact for any post-revelius magicians: Chests actually used to give experience! It was small, usually only around 100 or so, and only until you graduated. Once you graduated, the chests gave you gold for opening them.

Pretty cool, huh? :unsure:

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @Lenz!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration on making your suggestion, as we always appreciate searching for ways to improve the server and make it fun and fair for all players! At this time, I'll bring up your suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist Team for further discussion. I'll return to you with a response once the Leadership Team gives their final decision.

Have a wonderful day!

Mekala

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mekala_
Honeybadger Auralock
Heya @Lenz!

Thanks for being so patient when waiting on a decision! Unfortunately your suggestion has been declined.

This is not something we want to do at the current time, since we are looking into alternative ways of making levelling up easier. For example, we are working on rebalancing the XP rewards from various other content. Once this is done, we may revisit the idea of hidden chests giving XP, if the levelling issue is not solved.

Thanks once again for taking the time to write this suggestion and we look forward to hearing from you in the future. Have a magical day!