DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Clarification on 2nd hot bar and spell page mechanics

GreatLordOz

Magician
Minecraft IGN: GreatLordOz
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix
Aside from the question about "how do I get robes" (Which thankfully is a different accepted suggestion that I made), the next most asked question is "I don't have XYZ spell!!!!"

I believe the dual spell hot bar mechanic is mentioned somewhere in the tutorial but the spell page mechanic is not. Both of these should be made clearer because too many players are constantly confused about why they don't have a particular spell for a quest. Whether the fix is some additional dialog in the First Year Experience, adding an indicator in the last slot of a spell page for turning pages or completely changing how spells are organized altogether (Maybe a similar layout to how emotes are laid out. Maybe could have custom tab boxes to put your spells in with that GUI layout), something needs to be done to fix the lack of information.

If accepted, I hope there can at least be a fix implemented quickly (like additional dialog) even if a different solution is chosen so players don't have to wait 6 months for a fix.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
The Inventory GUI could probably be changed? Just the background image of it. Maybe they could add left and right arrows into the 2x2 Crafting box that's next to the player in the Inventory GUI? I noticed that if you click in that box, the spell page changes.