DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Clicking on a name in chat opens their profile

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
(llama told me to suggest this)
when you shift click a player, it opens a menu where you can see cosmetics, gear, emotes etc. Although this is useful, you can't use it if they're far away. I think that if you click on their name in the chat then it would open this menu. It would be a quick way to see someone's house/year or gear, especially if they are not in the same world.
A possible issue could be that the emotes and trading only work when you're close. I'm not sure how the emotes would work, if they would show the distance message (if that still exists idk) or if it would just display a message saying that the player is too far away to use emotes. For trading, I assume it would say that the player is too far away to trade, the way it does normally.
Also, I don't know if it would be possible between worlds. When you do /gear they have to be in the same world so maybe this isn't possible also if they are in another world? I don't really know how the tech stuff works here

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hey there @Honey_Dwarf1!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to Potterworld! We are always on the lookout for new ways to make our server a better place, so we are greatly appreciative of your idea!

I will now forward your suggestion to my fellow poltergeists to get additional feedback on if we are to implement this idea or not. I will get back to you here once we have come to our decision, so be on the lookout for future notifications from this thread!

Again thank you for bringing your suggestion to us, take care and I hope you have a magical day! <3

Best wishes,
Cate

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Good day @Honey_Dwarf1!

Thank you again for bringing your suggestion to the threads! We are very appreciative of your idea and bringing your voice to the website!

I have brought up your idea to the team, and sadly we have came to the decision to decline at this time. Primarily, we feel it will cause a lot of frustration and complications for players. While it's a really interesting idea, our main concern would be is that it could interfere with click-able announcements like class queues.

However, we do have plans in the future with coverable options involving usernames in chat. We do not have an ETA for that, but do be on the lookout for it!

Regardless of our decision, we are still really thankful for your suggestion as it always brings us joy to see players wanting to give ways to improve our server. Take good care of yourself! <3

Kind wishes,
Cate