DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Create a Veteran/Ranked Quabbleball

lillianlark

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: LillianLark
Serpent
Hello dear readers!

I have come to this idea after playing a lot of quabbleball and have noticed a primary issue.

The problem with Quabbleball is that there is a big group of experienced players that play the game all the time, know the spawn locations, and are absolutely amazing at the game.

If a new player was to join Quabbleball and try to learn it for fun, they would be easily dissuaded as it is nearly impossible to win a game against these players.

I once was in a game where the score was 410-0. That should not even be a possible score in the game. The players on that team kept scoring back to back to back.

I think that there should be a sort of level system implemented into Quabbleball - such as once you have won a certain amount of games/scored a certain amount of goals - you are forced to play in a different division. Just like moving from junior sports to varsity sports.

This would allow newer players to play with players more their level and learn the game together. The games would have a closer score and be more fun rather than turning players off.

I have seen many a player rage quit because of these “veteran” players.

Let me know what you guys think of this!

Camrynplayz

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: camrynplayz
Phoenix Raven
I understand where your coming from, however what if a "veteran" player wants to play quabbleball with one of their friends that are new, but they cant. Also this could mean waiting for a game to start would take longer. I support the idea that it is not fun to play when you get beat everytime, but i dont know if this would be better?

lillianlark

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: LillianLark
Serpent
Maybe if there are three divisions it might be better. Junior, Varsity, and mixed. A player can choose which division they want to join (Varsity is locked out of junior and junior is locked out of varsity).

Regarding the time problem, I don’t know how to fix it but I’ll think about it. I think more people will be encouraged to player anyway if we make specific divisions so I don’t think time will be an issue.

Megeliza

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: MegLiza
Serpent
I totally get this. It can be frustrating playing when one team is really stacked and the other isn't. I get this whole idea and I think that newer players would love this. And veterans players could have more of a challenge where the teams are more evenly matched. I know if I don't get into the team with a certain player, my team will lose. I have only been in a couple games where the score is actually close( for example 150-170). This could be difficult to get enough people to join and I get the whole time thing. But it would cause more people to want to play because they know they will have a closer score and a more equal match.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
One problem with this is the fact that it would require even more people to queue up for quabbleball, which is pretty difficult, even with only one division. Usually, in my time zone, in the games of quabbleball I play there are a few good players (about 1-3), which isn't enough to fill up a second game, since the minimum payer count is 8 players. Of course, there are also games that have a lot more good players, but these are quite rare, at least in my experience. Barely enough people play quabbleball as it is, and so adding different divisions would just cause games to never start. And waiting for hours and hours (this has already happened to me) for a game to start, isn't fun at all and causes you to play the game less.
Also this situation with losing terribly against more experienced players isn't something new, it happens in every single minigame on this server. And remember, the experienced players all started as new players and had to work hard and spend a lot of time to get to their current playing level. For example, I'm a pretty good player, yet I still remember playing against 3 very good passers and not getting any goals when I started. This just motivated me to get better. I understand that this might not be the case for everyone and it might be frustrating playing against good players, but it could also be a motivation to get better. However, since quabbleball doesn't have many players at the moment, I think different divisions would be more of a hindrance than a help. Perhaps the junior division would start games, since more players are encouraged to join now that they can have closer and fairer games, however I doubt the varsity division would start at all. As I said, in my experience theres around 1-3 players who've played, let's say 100 games, in my qb games. And even in the varsity division, it's possible to get games like 500-0. Theres still a huge gap between players who've played 100 games and those who've played 1000. As an example there was a full game (7v7) recently where both teams had 3-5 good players, yet the score was still a zero for one team (this is an exception btw, actually getting to play against that many good players is a rare treat)

Last edited:

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
If Potterworld has a bigger player base in the future then I see this being possible, but right now I don't think this would happen. Instead of divisions there could just be 2 types of game modes, casual and competitive. Casual would place you in a match with whoever queued up at the time. Competitive would place you in a match with people who are in the same skill set as you.

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hello again!

While this would be a nice feature to implement, we will be declining this as our playerbase isn't big enough to allow this sort of system to work. There would simply just not be enough people to fill up a queue, really. :‍(