DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

curse breaker elytra in year 7

awareinthevoid

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: awareinthevoid
Serpent
I'll start by saying I know that there are other threads on this issue, but the most recent one had a response saying that staff are looking into making the course easier, but I've seen nothing about that being completed.

As it currently stands, the course is very difficult to complete and irritating to no end. I have a friend whose vision is impaired, making the usual issues with the course that much harder because she struggles more with the environment. Lumen is disabled in the area, so we are unable to light our way, and there's little contrast in the environment, making finding the actual path hard. Even a change as little as adding glowstone around the course would add a bit of contrast to help players find the path better.

In March, @Nives Willows made a thread proposing a skip option, or the option to pay gold to pass the course if it proved too difficult to complete, or give up some xp that would be earned at the end of the quest. Those were great suggestions, and I just wondered if this issue was still being worked on.

Not being able to finish this quest blocks us from completing further quests, which is frustrating. We were told to pose this question/issue on here by Dani/jisunize on the server.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think they should add a maze option to this quest if players aren't keen on doing the elytra. They could choose between the elytra or maze any time during that quest, but the end result would be the same when you find the camp. Maybe call it the Dark Forest Maze - I don't think there is one yet - could be similar to the tri-wizard maze that requires spells to get through, but without any mobs.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Greetings, @awareinthevoid !

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion! Unfortunately, it is a duplicate to a suggestion you can find here, but there is quite a lot of suggestions made about this. We definitely understand how the elytra may be extremely challenging for some players. Reworking the elytra to make it easier to complete is definitely still in the works, and we hope to be able to release this to players soon.

Regardless, thank you for the suggestion and we hope to see more ideas from you in the future! I hope you have a magical day!