DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Dementare Mob Rework

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
Earlier today, I was doing my grad quests in the Dark Prison. I was making my way to the graveyard from inside the prison when I saw four Dementares blocking the door! I opened the door (still inside, standing in the middle of the room) and tried casting a spell to get them away from the door. Maybe I could slip past them and return to the boat which I arrived in! But to my surprise, they started attacking me! On top of that, they were hitting me through the WALLS and not even through the doorway! I retreated further inside, probably about 10 blocks away from them and multiple walls, and they were still hitting me! And I know it wasn't just the wither effect; they were actually hitting me. I had to warp to Hogsworth after that to meet a friend, but I just narrowly escaped.

Later on, I was calling a friend of mine on Discord to show her the Dark Prison through screen share. I tried doing the same thing as before, hitting them through the door with a spell, and standing back to see if they could reach me. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, one GLITCHES THROUGH A WALL and comes after me while I am INSIDE the prison, far away from any windows or other open areas. I managed to run past it and get out the door, taking a bit of damage. I hopped on my broom and raced to the boat, knowing I'd be safe there.

Oh, how wrong I was! These things followed me TO THE BOAT while I attempted to heal. I quickly went down the ship's ladder. There's no way they could get me from there, right? Wrong again. They WENT DOWN THE LADDER and cornered me, eventually killing me. My surprise was immaculate. My friend and I were dumbfounded. How was that possible?

In summary, the Dementares can hit you through walls and very far away. They also can travel to where you spawn. This is very stress-inducing and quite frustrating, to say the least. Is there a way to fix any of these problems? I know they are supposed to be a VERY powerful mob but at the same time, it is unfair that they can basically go... everywhere.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
That's because of their texture. Dementares are actually blazes I think and those are 2 bloocks tall (even tho the mob is 3+ blocks tall). Their hitbox is weird, to do a head shot you need to hit middle of the mob that you see.. Their spawn rates are very weird, they spawn only 2 at a time and if Im actively fighting them I always need to wait for the new ones to spawn but on the other hand if I go afk they start spawning way more. They have an AOE attack (which is probably how they hit you trought walls) that gives you wither but when you use finite to get rid of it you still have cooldown on your spells. I feel like they either require retexturing or putting this texture on a bigger mob or a few mobs if possible (for example a zombie riding a blaze) so the hit box matches their texture. Or just bring back the old wither dementor

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
I think changing their texture to a mob that would suit their size, like an enderman, would help immensely. I don't know how it would be possible to maybe set boundaries for where they spawn, but that would be great. They follow you so far and latch on to their target despite the distance between them and their target. Even though they do not spawn on the boat, they can still follow you there. And their AOE attack can go up to 10 blocks sometimes, which is extremely frustrating, especially when I go far into the building and think I'll be safe.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @thatgirlskyyy!

Thank you for creating this suggestions and sharing it! I will now bring your suggestion up to the rest of the staff team, and once we’ve finished discussing it, I’ll send a response to you soon!

Have a magical day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @thatgirlskyyy!

Sorry for the wait, and thank you again for your feedback! After discussing your feedback with the Poltergeist and Leadership team, we have decided to accept it! Dementare mobs are supposed to be very difficult to kill, both lore-wise and because the dark prison is the highest level location in the game. However, we do understand that they have some odd, annoying mechanics which we might look into changing. Therefore, we are planning on reworking the mobs in the very far future, so we will take this feedback into consideration for then.

Have a great day!