DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Discord Chat Integration

Pat Laetus

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xCL_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Just a thought and suggestion that could be cool, I'm suggesting that it could be cool to see the server chat in the discord server, perhaps it could be a channel. Can't really think of anything that could go wrong with this, it'd be fun to see and be easier for moderators in case they miss someone breaking the rules/swearing, they could look back at the said channel to see if they did or not. And, perhaps the surprise classes could be posted there as well so for anyone who's not on and a surprise class is posted, they could come online. Or if for instance they're not on the server at the moment and they're using a mobile device, they can still communicate with the players on the server while them being on the discord channel. As far as I'm concerned its also not that hard to implement if I'm not mistaken. c:

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
And, perhaps the surprise classes could be posted there as well so for anyone who's not on and a surprise class is posted, they could come online

There is already a discord server channel dedicated to that, it's #class_updates in the official Potterworld discord server.

You can also enable "
Class Notify Permanent
" to get notified 10 minutes before every scheduled class starts. (You get pinged on discord by a bot to remind you)

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
And, perhaps the surprise classes could be posted there as well so for anyone who's not on and a surprise class is posted, they could come online.
As Sal said, there is already a channel for this :)

I do think it could help in moderation. It is very possible to do this, as I've seen other servers do this, and I see no obvious reason on why this suggestion could be discarded other than unnecessary. It isn't a very needed thing, but it'd be useful to have.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello xCL_,
thank you for taking the time to bring up your idea! We really appreciate players making suggestions and leaving feedback.
As always, I will now be bringing up your idea to the other Poltergeists so that we can discuss it and get back to you soon with a response.
Have a great day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi, @Pat Laetus!
Sorry for the wait, and thank you for your patience! Through discussion amongst the staff team, we have decided to decline your suggestion because this is something we do not want to implement. This would be much harder on the moderation staff as both platforms (in-game & discord) will need to be heavily moderated more as messages will be pulled from each platform. Another issue would be message retention as we’re not sure how this would affect us as a server and how beneficial this would be for us. Despite this, we hope that you continue to make suggestions!
Hope you have a great day!