DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

[Discord] Utilize the Scheduled Events feature

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think you guys should try and utilize the Scheduled Events feature on Discord to help players keep track of events happening on the server, present and in the future. An example event is the Monthly Art Giveaway, yeah it says it's monthly, but I think players would completely forget about it because after that post another cool thread pops up so they end up getting distracted with the new thing.

Events that could be used on the Discord Events feature could be:
  • Monthly Art Giveaway
  • Weekly Academics Assignments
  • Seasonal Events (Butterbrew, Winter Waltz, etc.)
  • Store Sales
  • Dueling and Flying Tournaments

Discord has a help section on how to use the Events feature here - https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409494125719-Scheduled-Events

Also, there's another new feature called Home. I'm unsure if the Potterworld discord has this, but I have seen it in other discord channels where certain posts from different channels can be highlighted and populated in one Home channel. - https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/6156116949911-Server-Home-Beta

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello, @Somnambulist !

Thank you for creating this suggestion! This suggestion has been accepted, as we like the idea of using the scheduled events feature and believe a few of our teams can benefit from using this feature to better promote events happening on the server. We will likely be using this feature more for current events than future events. We will not be looking at using the home feature.

Thank you again for the suggestion and I hope you have a magical day!

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Poltergeist Academics Advisor
Hiya, @Somnambulist

I have arrived with great news. This suggestion has now been completed. We really loved this idea and have been doing this for sales, events, and tournaments for the past few months!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day into creating these suggestions. We look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night!