DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Dueling Challenge/Tournament Suggestion

_Klene

Magician
Minecraft IGN: kleneupcuzstink
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
This is probably a recycled suggestion, but I couldn't find any other post speaking on it. For dueling challenges, the competitions could be based off of the dueling system from 1v1 arena and PvP bases. I feel like this would be good to level out everyone's health. In the 1v1 arena and PvP base worlds, the only difference there is between players is the spells they contribute spell points to and how many spells they have. I feel this would be a step up from having a 5k health difference.

The only down side would be that gear effects such as cast-time reduction, range, etc. would be nullified. Everyone would have the same range, which is fine. Players who specialize in cast-time based spells would get backlash from this change. So, if possible, there could be a set cast-time reduction in these challenge worlds to keep it playable. This way, everyone would have the same cast-time reduction, range, and health.

In my opinion, this change would fit best for challenges but not tournaments. Tournaments are very competitive and gear choices is a part of that. This suggestion would just make challenges more inclusive. Thank you for reading.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @Klenellie!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration on creating this suggestion, as we’re always seeking ways to improve the server and make it fun and fair for all players! After some discussion from the Leadership team, we have decided to accept this suggestion.

Sometime in the future, we will be using load outs, which will make duelling similar to the style of 1v1 Arena, and in turn, we believe it will make it fair for everyone. However, we will still maintain that aspect of gear customisation for all duelists to present more variety, and therefore, hopefully duelists will find one they like. From this, we will take your suggestion into consideration when working on it. Additionally, we will be testing this out in challenges first, and if the results are good, then we might bring it to tournaments too.

Thank you again for making this suggestion! Have a wonderful day!