DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Dueling Dodgeball

aklokin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: aklokin
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Currently, the mechanics of the Dueling Dodgeball classes provide each player with a set of spells and the objective is to outlast opponents on a platform. However, I've noticed that in instances where only two players remain, matches tend to stagnate, sometimes lasting longer than desired. This can detract from the excitement and flow of the game.

To address this, I propose a couple of potential solutions:

After a certain period of time, the platform could shrink by itself. Currently for this gamemode we have the original maps from the dueling classes, added just by the platform. By making this gamemode a once-in-a-while game, it might even be worthwhile to have one dedicated arena for this type of game- possibly a modified, smaller version of the current map from party games. (this means either an improved/smaller frozen map or arachtella area with platform in the air. Not to mention it would definitely require adding better vantage points for the rest of the players around)

Another option to add urgency to matches is by introducing a life drain mechanism. This could be activated after a few minutes of gameplay or even from the outset. Every time the ball hits, the player would lose some health, or fall demage would work too, which also makes sense since players fall a lot during flipellius spell.

I like this version of the dueling class from time to time, and I would love to play it, just after some modification that hopefully will occur. If anyone has any other suggestions for improvements, say so.

Thanks for your attention.