DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

(event) parkour timer

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Dear Event Organizer,

I hope this message finds you well. As a passionate participant in past PotterworldMC events, I have noticed that parkours are a popular and exciting addition to the event lineup. However, I have noticed that there is no way for players to track their time as they complete the parkour.

Therefore, I would like to suggest that timers be added to event parkours during future PotterworldMC events. By adding timers, players will have the ability to track their time from start to finish, allowing them to compete with one another to achieve the fastest time.

It is important to note that this suggestion is intended as a feature and not something that should be forced onto the players. Some players may prefer to enjoy the parkour without the added pressure of time constraints, while others may welcome the challenge of competing for the fastest time. Therefore, it is essential that the timers are optional and can be toggled on and off.

To ensure that the timers are accessible to all players, they could be incorporated into the parkour course itself, with a digital display at the start and end of the course.

The addition of timers to event parkours would greatly enhance the overall experience for players. It would add a competitive element to the parkour, allowing players to challenge themselves and one another to improve their time. It would also provide a sense of accomplishment for those who are able to complete the parkour in the fastest time.
Furthermore, the implementation of timers would encourage players to spend more time in the parkour and engage in more attempts to beat their previous time. This increased engagement would lead to more player participation and a higher level of satisfaction with the event as a whole.

In conclusion, the addition of timers to event parkours during PotterworldMC events is a feature that would greatly enhance the player experience. It is important to remember that this feature should be optional, allowing players to toggle the timer on and off according to their preference. By implementing this feature, players will be able to enjoy the parkour in a more competitive and engaging manner, while also retaining the freedom to enjoy the parkour at their own pace.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion. I look forward to seeing the continued growth and success of PotterworldMC events.

Sincerely,
Leyak

tldr; I really want timers in parkour

littledead

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: littledead
Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf DD Editor Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @LiviDk ,

Thank you for your suggestion! We like this idea a lot, as an incentive for players to make personal bests on parkour! We will take a bit of time to figure out exactly how this would work, but in the meantime, we are also in the process of adding timers to our flying minigame. So, stay tuned for the next patch note!

Thank you again, and have a great day!

Liz Frogg

Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: cxrzyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Design Poltergeist Drooble's Order Engineer Intern
Hello @LiviDk!

I return with good news! This suggestion has been completed! In all our recent events, as of the Appleby Butterbrew Festival 2023, we have now begun to include leaderboards and timers at the beginning of each parkour! We hope you enjoy them!

Once again, thank you for your suggestion, I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!