DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Fair Fights in Dueling Class

Ash_Fra

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: AshLaufeyson
Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
I have been on PW for a few weeks now and I absolutely love being involved in classes. (Wiz PE is torture simply because I suck at parkour). But one class I find myself skipping a lot is Dueling class simply because 9 times out of 10 it is not a fair fight. Older more experienced players target younger less experienced players to get easy wins. And they are able to use more sophisticated spells younger student just can't compete with. Ive seen 7th years chasing after 2nd years and I, myself, am only a 4th year and I get targeted by older years and it's just not fun. I know there is an option for year vs year but I have yet to play that option and I've only played all v all and house vs house but even amongst houses the younger years have no chance again a 7th year or even a graduate student. I just wish it would be more fair so everyone has a chance to win and not just the most powerful player who can kill a second year with 2 hits (even with loadouts).

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I agree that with gear, it's totally ridiculous to put even 7th years with graduates because it's totally unfair. Now for loadouts, I haven't witnessed them yet but if I'm not wrong, everyone can choose the same stats, no matter the year/gear you have, which means that only advantage that higher level players have us the spells to choose from.It can be annoying to be targeted as a lower year, but you should keep in mind that those higher level students are most likely more experienced and skilled either way. So I think that the solution to this is definitely ditching the gear from dueling classes and doing equal amounts of different kinds of duels within the dueling classes overall, with some of them being more fair/unfair for lower years.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @Ash_Fra,

Thank you for bringing up your feedback regarding dueling classes to us. It is really helpful if players come forward with their experiences on the forums, as it allows us to see where we can improve! In the following, I will do my best to address some of the points you make, but we have also brought up this feedback to Academics Leadership.

For Dueling classes specifically, most Professors use the Loadouts system which means that gear no longer plays a role, and having better spells becomes the main advantage of higher years. Unfortunately, with our current system of gaining spells from leveling this advantage is not something we want to take away from higher years, as gaining new spells is one of the main incentives to level up. Additionally, often not only do spells make the difference, but higher levels are often more experienced, so there can never be a fully even ground, but for example, if players dueled within their own years, this would be less of an issue.

Theoretically, there are a variety of different game modes to choose from (for example Hunger Games, Stay In, Team Duels, FFA, etc.) that are chosen by Professors or sometimes the students themselves. However, we do understand that in actuality there is not much variety and many modes are taught very frequently, while some are rarely ever taught. This is especially true for any modes that are fairer towards lower years, such as year FFA's. Therefore, this is something we have passed on to Academics for Professors to decide whether they want to start teaching differently or not, as we do not want to force them to teach something they are uncomfortable with.

We hope this makes sense and urge you to ask if you have any questions or if you want to give us more feedback <3 Take care and have a magical day/night!